Demolisher Robot

Hello, I know I’m supposed to be rendering the final objects on the night table scene, and I’m doing it (they take a LOT of time), but this idea came to my mind and I couldn’t help but starting to model the arm of the robot:

I am greatly seeking C&C, so please comment as much as you can!!!

Please, take into account that this is my first attempt to model a robot.

Greetings,
Richard :slight_smile:

EDIT: LOL, I spelled mind wrongly :o

This is a good start, I especially like the hand part.
I’m not sure that the arm could bend correctly at the “elbow”, the 2 metal plates may get in contact

Hey,

I don’t know exactly how you imagined the whole robot, but the arm should use cylinders, and more cables.

Add some little details like little hinges, holes…
And render that table:D!

Overall it’s looking good so far.

Fort Ash

Thank you!!! Here’s a little update:

I’ll add the cables, hinges, and other details at the end of the project; I haven’t decided on the whole robot yet, so I still don’t know where or how to place’em

Hope you like it!!! :slight_smile:

Please keep commenting!

Greetings, Richard :slight_smile:

I like your attention to details. I’m waiting to see more from this.

Hello,

Thank you!!! Here’s an update (upper part of the torso; only modeled one half):

Hope you like it!!!

Please Keep commenting!!! :slight_smile:

Greetings,

Hello!,

I’ve updated the torso, here’s the result:

Hope you like it!!!

Please keep commenting!

Hello, I’ve almost finished the torso now:

Hope you like it (I had to move the shoulder to another layer; the render was taking too much of a time; guess I’ll upload a render with it soon ;))

Hope you like it!!!

Please keep commenting!

You know, C&C really helps

Yeah, I’d say the only thing… I don’t know what project this is for or if it’s a project in and of itself… But it looks cool. I like it… But how would it work? The hip seems… well, I think any leg attached there would be likely to snap off… Things like that…
(I’m a noob at blending… (I’ve been using blender without doing anything on the forums for a while, so not “how do you make a circle?” noob, just… not experienced…) But I’m pretty good when it comes to mechanics, and I’m not sure that thing would work.)

Thanks, Lexicon101, I’ll fix that by adding some teaks to the hip (like a more consistent joint with the legs), and see to it that it looks realistic (I mean, so as to make a robot that COULD SEEM possible to be made). As for my objectives with this proyect, it’ll just make a render, and, if I’m lucky, an animation. But it’ll take time for me to model all the scenery for the animation and, apart from that, the render for the torso alone takes a lot of time, so I’d have to wait even more… no, there aren’t many chances for this to become an animation, but you’ll surely see a render out of it. I hope this solves your doubts, otherwise, tell me.

On, the mean time, I had already started modeling the head, so I’ll finish it before going into the leg and solving it’s joint to the hip. Here’s my current progress:

Hope you like it, and keep giving me feedback!!! :slight_smile:

Greetings,

Dude, I think this will turn out to be the best robot I’ve seen in a long time, Blender made or otherwise.

The first thing I look at in a robot is the structure, whether the joints are strong enough for the job they will be doing, whether they’re free moving or not, etc. Looking at the elbow, it will hit that metal plate with the arrows on it. The shoulder may have a similar problem.

The second thing is it’s design, originality, etc. And, this is AWESOME so far, and I can’t wait to see the final result. I’ll be watching you…

Thank you! About the elbow, I’ll try to fix it while I rig it, so that I can get to the source of the problem and solve it, modifying less I can.

As far as the shoulder concerns, I think another image might by clearer than words:

I think that part of the shoulder didn’t show up on the render. Do you think this is enough, or will it collide whatsoever? Please, I don’t have much of a robot-experience; it’s my first robot!

Thanks for the feedback you’ve given my; the shoulder would have been a nasty surprise when rigging, now I’m prepared :P!

Thanks, again, to everyone!

Greetings,
Richard

I’m sorry, I think I was assuming the wrong part was the shoulder. Now that I see it in that last picture, I think it will be fine. Sorry.

Again I say, great work so far.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

The head’s almost finished, just a few more details, and it’ll be done. Here’s my progress:

Hope you like it! Thanks for the feedback, and keep it coming! :slight_smile:

Hello, a little update:

Hope you like it!

Greetings,

OK, here’s another update:

Hope you like it!

Please keep commenting! :slight_smile:

Greetings,

Man, I can’t wait until this thing’s textured and put together in a final render.

I can just find one style issue. Everything is kind of streamlined while still having sharp, distinguished corners, while the nose is just a simple shape. I don’t know, it just sticks out and seems slightly out of place to me. Maybe it’s just me, I dunno.

No, it’s not just you, it really is out of place… I’ll think how to fix it, though I’m open for suggestions.

Greetings,
Richard

Oh, and thank you very much, by the way!!! :slight_smile: