Denoisers got compared: K-CyclesX vs LuxCore

There’s a lot of denoisers for Cycles, you know?

My question is which denoiser are best for denoising caustics, glass?

So, what i did, is I just made a simple scene: made a cube on a plane, put all this stuff to be in a big cube which i also put in huge sphere, put light into first small cube, changed cube material to glass, made plane under cube to be metallic, and that’s it!

By the way, that’s all made in new K-Cycles X 3.1 Alpha.
I used next Post Effects: Flares, Tone Mapping, and Lens.

Here is what my comparasion:

1. SID →

2. Ultra Denoiser (with MultiPass turned on, Transmission turned on, Individual Passes turned off, Volumetrics turned off, prefilter accurate, denoising input albedo and normal) →

3. Open Image Denoiser (prefilter accurate, passes albedo and normal)->

4. SID with LuxCore →

As I can see here, SID wins…

So, yep, SID isn’t always winner, because sometimes SID making scenes to be darker and then Ultra Denoiser by Eric Klein wins (which isn’t always winner too!) -

1. Ultra Denoiser →

2. SID →

3. Denoising off →

4. SID with LuxCore →

As you can see here, Ultra Denoiser in cycles render engine is wins, but in LuxCore SID is the best to use, i think.

So, what do you think so about that all? Have you compared denoisers?

I will update that post if something new appears for denoising.

P.S. I didn’t tested AI Denosier by Moby Motion, because it doesn’t working in Blender 3.0 and next versions of Blender 3.

UPDATE №1: One of my friends got an answer from devs of SID.

Why is SID making scenes to be darker? Because there’s problems with render passes in blender 3.0 and higher. Once render passes will be fixed, the SID will be fixed too :)))

One of my friends got an answer from devs of SID.

Why is SID making scenes to be darker? Because there’s problems with render passes in blender 3.0 and higher. Once render passes will be fixed, the SID will be fixed too :)))