Dense Planet

(RayVelcoro) #1

Spent the better part of today making this animation, due to saving some rendertime the planet orbits a bit too quickly for my taste. Would love to hear some input regarding this project. Please shoot!

Still;

That’s super cool! I’d slightly randomise the color of the building’s roofs, maybe between just a dark grey and the current black. Also, I think it could use even more lens distortion. That effect is really cool, and it would be cooler if it was a little more exaggerated.

Is this rendered in Blender internal? It’s very cool! :+1:

(RayVelcoro) #4

Thx guys, indeed i should have slightly randomized the color of the roofs. I gave the camera a focal length of 10, I also think I could push that even a bit further.

It was all done in Cycles. 2 render layers, 40 samples (each frame took about 40sec rendertime @1000*1000), denoised. and some composing.

(RayVelcoro) #5

Did some concessions to gain a looped gif at a acceptable rotationspeed. (some mirroring + replace the random colors for single shadings);

(C_Campbell) #6

I agree with you the people of this planet must be very dense. I mean, look what they’ve done to their planet. They cut down all the trees.