Deselection

Hi! Very basic and stupid question:
is there any key assigned to the DESELECT function like in any sane software?
IE: in object mode I need to merge 3 object but I pick the wrong one I then need to deselect it, not using SHIFT bcs it’s a crowded area and if I SHIFT click on the one I need to deselect it ADD another (or more) objects to my current selectio.

or

in EDIT mode after “C” selecting a group of vertices I need to get rid out of the selection of 1 or 2 vertices in a crowded area and SHIFT is only adding to the mess while I want to “hard” deselect.

Hope it all is making sense :slight_smile:

FWIW, if you’re in Circle select (C), you can paint deselection with the middle mouse button.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the pointer…I use it all the time in edit mode less so in object mode because to make it work I need to pass it over the origin of the object which is, most of the time, not easily reachable (camera view: very close up shots and overlapping origins in general shots). That said i guess I will have to adapt :slight_smile:
Now that I think about it I tried to adapt the deselection command that is in the touch screen section but it didn’t work, I am a total zero in this kind of thing). Maybe somebody more knowleadgable could make it work. Thanks again for your time :slight_smile:

As an alternative to circle, you can also try lasso selection. I find it more intuitive for deselecting verts in crowded area

1 Like

IGNORE. My bad. Had “Limit selection to visible” on while deselecting with B.

1 Like