Desert Town Pack

Thanks for the advice! But I used such settings of the material and this does not help, since the texture that uses the alpha has a damaged picture from the color slot. As shown in the screenshots above.

Are you sure RGBA texture is properly baked? I could look if you can send the texture. (You can PM me if you don’t want to share publicly)
By the way you can use Node Wrangler addon emission viewer feature in order to preview maps/channels quickly instead of setting up that mix shader. (Addon comes within Blender)

recorded a video, for a more detailed demonstration, you do not need my scene, you can repeat for the video.

There is something wrong with that Blender.tga , because at this point (screenshot below) you should be seeing a completely red cube (according to your photoshop view):

Try this instead (exported a png from GIMP):

Also I noticed exporting .tga and .png from Photoshop doesn’t include alpha channels properly for some reason (.tif works).

It does not matter in which program to save the .tga (I tried), the bug remains. And the fact that eevee works well means that it is 100% of the bug. Or am i wrong?

Edit: This statement is faulty, please see my next response.

Things work properly for me. It’s high likely you’re doing something wrong.
As I stated above there is something wrong with Blender.tga file you showed in video (Please have a read again and respond to that). Also did you try the png I shared? I suspect that the texture maps you use is problematic and not the Blender itself. This is why I need a texture to test it out.

I tried different formats. Everywhere the same problem. And this problem is not only for me. My friends have the same problem.

Sorry I think I’ve made some mistakes with my tests earlier (was looking at Lookdev renders I guess) and my previous statement is faulty.

So I researched a bit and found out there is a bug report already about this issue: T53672 .

There is a workaround suggestion by user @omgold :

• create two image texture nodes, referencing both the same image (note: this is not the same as duplicating the texture node).
  • check ‘Use Alpha’ for the first, uncheck it for the second
  • use the first node to connect RGB, the second to connect alpha.

Same issue also mentioned in this topic:

Very cool! :sunny:

1 Like

Thanks for the help. Chose the method you described

1 Like

Material Renders

3 Likes

more renders!

1 Like

more,more renders! ))

1 Like

Some gif about Paint Blend material and Dynamic Wall Material

4 Likes

More gif about Burnt Wood Material and Coals Material

2 Likes

Prepared mini tutorial on materials

4 Likes

Hey @SergOrc , I think the alpha channel issue has just been fixed by Brecht:
https://developer.blender.org/rB7aaa7aa9dd79b8c6e37f351fd67a93ba07fbb883

The latest version added new settings to the textures. Everything works right with them. Hooray ))

Hello! The release of the blender version of our desert pack. Hooray))) You can use it as you like, but we spent a lot of time on the implementation of things that would be useful, for example, for 3d concepting.
https://artstn.co/p/584k0A

1 Like

good work…:grinning: