Desk-friends WIP (The movie is finished!!)

Thank you EvilTwin : )

Yea, I kinda know that the tapemeasurer sticks out but I made it before I knew how the other models would look like. I’m thinking about remaking it to make it fit in with the realism of the other models. (When I did it I also didn’t have any real thing to look at…)

woooow! Really nice characters in here!!! It would be great to see them animated! :wink:
keep the good work dude!

Ahahah love the way you make the eyes, they all seem totallllllllllllllllly crazy! I like that! :smiley:

Keep up the good work!

Thanks guys, that really means much to me : )

A small update.

Attachments

If I were to decide between the style of the tape measurer to the other models I would go with the one the tape measurer has - since it is just original.

However, all of the models look great and the personality of the ruler as you said sticks out quite well. I like it.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

navsart@ Yea, the tape measurer has it’s own style but since I find it quite hard to design realistic models in a cartoony style I think I’m gonna stick with realistic models. Though I might not change the tape measurer since I’m kinda lazy but if it sticks out too much compared to the other models I think I’m just gonna change it a little, not too much.

Anyway I’ve done some work without uploading any pics, so I’ve finished the stapler and also done scissor. (pics below).

And I’m quite amazed how each “tool” just gets their own personallity without me having to do almost anything eccept giving them eyes or mouths. : )

Attachments

More pics that didn’t fit into the previous post.

Attachments

The scissor

Attachments

More of the scissor : )

Attachments

These are lovely! :smiley:

Thank you yoff : )

Ok, next step is ERASERS, LOTS OF ERASERS(!!) :eek:…

I’ve not come very far on this part yet but there will be around 30 small erasers just like the ones in the pic below. Their part in the animation will be to cheer up : )
Or too put it in an other way, they’ll form shapes with each other and do funny stuff, always hanging around in a big group. And also there’ll be this really small erasor that always are behind the other ones, trying to catch up.

Do this make sence to you? anyway, from now on I’ll just be doing all these erasers and put up pics of the ones that are done.

(It’s my little sisters erasers so please don’t tell her or I’ll be in big trouble :p)

Attachments

More erasers : )

Attachments

Great!Great!Great!Great!Great!Great!Great!Great!Great!Great!Great!Great!Great!Great!Great!Great!
Can’t wait to see the final result.
Are you using Ztransp on the pens? (First page)
Using RayTrans will be more realistic, unless ofcourse it is supposed to be that way

thank you godofbigthings : )

Yep, it’s ztransp and I’m not using raytrace scince it just slows down the rendering process too much. I’ve tried to do an animation with raytrace before but it went too slow so I still havn’t finished it… :stuck_out_tongue:

More erasers : )

Attachments

Ok, this is not a very big update, but it’s still an update.

The irritating part with the erasers is that they don’t really take that long time to make, but they’re so many!! And they’re all made in the same way, so it gets kinda boring. But it’ll be fun when it’s done.

Only about 10 more erasers to go : )

Attachments

Aaaand they’re all done : )

I putted them into some shapes to so you can see kinda what they’ll be doing. Can you guess what the shapes represent? :stuck_out_tongue:

Next up will be the props that’ll be in the background, a computer, scanner, flower etc… I think it’ll be the computer first.

eraser pics:

Attachments

Ok, the mouse is done : )

I found it on google and thought it looked really cool and kinda easy to do. As you can see I havn’t done the “bottom” very detailed since it wont show up so much in the movie.

But there it is, keyboard and screen next.

Attachments

ok, no comments in a while… But I’m just going to keep on posting anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m now done with the screen and the “typer” (or whatever it’s called in english… the thing you type letters into the computer anyway.) and the computer itself is next on the line.

pics below.

Ok sorry I’ve lost the WIP pics but here’s a pic of the complete computer in the meantime.

EDIT: Ok, found the pics and updated the post.

Attachments

More pics of the screen

Attachments

This is awsome! keep it up!