Destructive Extrude [BETA]

add-ons

Destructive extruding outwards doesn’t work in the latest builds from 3/13 to 3/14. Extruding inwards works, but the incremental snap seems to miss the first few faces on a subdivided cube. I also get an error when I try to cancel the operation during an outwards extrude:

File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Destructive-Extrude.py", line 384, in modal Cansel(self, context)
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Destructive-Extrude.py", line 261, in Cansel bpy.ops.object.modifier_remove(apply_as='DATA', modifier='DestructiveBoolean')
File "C:\username\Downloads\blender-2.80.0-git.ffa29194bbe7-windows64\2.80\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 200, in __call__ ret = op_call(self.idname.py(), None, kw)
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: : keyword "apply_as" unrecognized
0 Likes

Hey man !! upload the code in Gumroad! please , your addon is great, I got the vertion 0.8.9 and do not work for 2.8…

2 Likes

(noki paike) #263

any news on blender 2.8?

1 Like

Do not work…I am using 2.80.53 build… for example , divide a cube in the middle, take one face, extrude normal, and then, the other face, press “alt+e” to call to this saddon , and does not work…I mean, works for extruding in direction (normal, or simple extrude) but not join the edge or snap to the close face… this addon is very useful…

0 Likes

(DDB) #266

sorry its on my side got an unclear external build

0 Likes

You need to either call the operator manually or bind it to a key yourself. it doesn’t inject itself into the normal extrude context menu like it did in 2.79.

0 Likes

how can I do that? manually?

0 Likes

(Darcvizer) #269

I finished AT. Soon pay attention to this addon

0 Likes

(Darcvizer) #270
1 Like

(NewVisitor) #271

This one works with 2.80.53 and alt+e.

Destructive-Extrude.py (15.2 KB)

0 Likes

I does not work, when I press alt+ e… it is necessarty to have the snap active? … thx.

0 Likes

(NewVisitor) #273

No.

With Build from Today (Windows)

Load factory settings and activate only destructive-extrude.
or
Check your Prefs->Add-ons to see if there are any plugins double in it.
or
Delete Destructive-Extrude.cpython-37.pyc in your pycache.

3 Likes

(DDB) #274

still have the problem, dont know if it is just me ?

Annotation%202019-04-10%20124225

0 Likes

I think only works when you direct the face down…not up… I mean I press “alt+e” and destructive-extrude (last option of this addon) and works if I moving the face selection down…(merge the geometry , so not duplicated or floating verts)…however If I repeate the action to go up , does not work, the mesh do not paste with the contiguous geometry as before if I moving it down.

0 Likes

(Darcvizer) #276
0 Likes

(PolyGreen) #277

great to see this being worked on for B2.8! this can be a fantastic addition to Blender if it will be stable enough.

0 Likes