Destructive Extrude [BETA]

Destructive extruding outwards doesn’t work in the latest builds from 3/13 to 3/14. Extruding inwards works, but the incremental snap seems to miss the first few faces on a subdivided cube. I also get an error when I try to cancel the operation during an outwards extrude:

File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Destructive-Extrude.py", line 384, in modal Cansel(self, context)
File "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\Destructive-Extrude.py", line 261, in Cansel bpy.ops.object.modifier_remove(apply_as='DATA', modifier='DestructiveBoolean')
File "C:\username\Downloads\blender-2.80.0-git.ffa29194bbe7-windows64\2.80\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 200, in __call__ ret = op_call(self.idname.py(), None, kw)
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: : keyword "apply_as" unrecognized

Hey man !! upload the code in Gumroad! please , your addon is great, I got the vertion 0.8.9 and do not work for 2.8…

2 Likes

any news on blender 2.8?

1 Like

Do not work…I am using 2.80.53 build… for example , divide a cube in the middle, take one face, extrude normal, and then, the other face, press “alt+e” to call to this saddon , and does not work…I mean, works for extruding in direction (normal, or simple extrude) but not join the edge or snap to the close face… this addon is very useful…

sorry its on my side got an unclear external build

You need to either call the operator manually or bind it to a key yourself. it doesn’t inject itself into the normal extrude context menu like it did in 2.79.

how can I do that? manually?

I finished AT. Soon pay attention to this addon

1 Like

This one works with 2.80.53 and alt+e.

Destructive-Extrude.py (15.2 KB)

I does not work, when I press alt+ e… it is necessarty to have the snap active? … thx.

No.

With Build from Today (Windows)

Load factory settings and activate only destructive-extrude.
or
Check your Prefs->Add-ons to see if there are any plugins double in it.
or
Delete Destructive-Extrude.cpython-37.pyc in your pycache.

4 Likes

still have the problem, dont know if it is just me ?

Annotation%202019-04-10%20124225

I think only works when you direct the face down…not up… I mean I press “alt+e” and destructive-extrude (last option of this addon) and works if I moving the face selection down…(merge the geometry , so not duplicated or floating verts)…however If I repeate the action to go up , does not work, the mesh do not paste with the contiguous geometry as before if I moving it down.

great to see this being worked on for B2.8! this can be a fantastic addition to Blender if it will be stable enough.

Destructive-Extrude.py (15.2 KB)
since recent API changes broke this addon, I though I´d try to fix it myself with notes from other addon developers on github - works for me :slight_smile: First time I tried to fix an addon myself, yay me!

(for those who don´t want to wait for official fix)

6 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.