Detaching Nurbs Surfaces- How?????

I have joined and connected NURBS Surfaces using the F-Key, but now I want to detach the surfaces.

Now- if one joins Nurbs Surfaces (Ctrl-J)- and then detach them using the P-key before connecting them with the F-key they become seperate objects again.

However- once Surfaces-Nurbs Surfaces are connected with the F-Key I cant detach them Cf. P-Key to seperate wont work.

My question then- how can I detach the surfaces? (I need to detach them to build and rebuild patches!)

you probably wouldn’t be able to rebuild them the way you want anyway… but just in case can you show us a pic?

P only works for seperating entire surfaces from the nurbs object, it will do nothing to split an existing surface

Y [the split key] doesn’t work on nurbs

You delete them. Select a CV then a row with Shft-R and hit X.

%<

I have tried that, but the geometry is still connected i.e. it just removes the column or the row and stretches to the next one.

I am talking about splitting a Surfaces- Nurbs Surface into two parts with a slit/space in between.

You can’t do that in Blender. You can select the top half and duplicate it with Shft-D then do the same with the bottom half and discard the original. Blender’s NURBS and Surfaces are primitive at best, you need to think primitive.

%<

Blender’s NURBS and Surfaces are primitive at best, you need to think primitive.
%<[/quote]

Well- Shift-D works :slight_smile: Thanks.