Detaching Nurbs Surfaces- How?????

(lemoenus) #1

I have joined and connected NURBS Surfaces using the F-Key, but now I want to detach the surfaces.

Now- if one joins Nurbs Surfaces (Ctrl-J)- and then detach them using the P-key before connecting them with the F-key they become seperate objects again.

However- once Surfaces-Nurbs Surfaces are connected with the F-Key I cant detach them Cf. P-Key to seperate wont work.

My question then- how can I detach the surfaces? (I need to detach them to build and rebuild patches!)

(z3r0 d) #2

you probably wouldn’t be able to rebuild them the way you want anyway… but just in case can you show us a pic?

P only works for seperating entire surfaces from the nurbs object, it will do nothing to split an existing surface

Y [the split key] doesn’t work on nurbs

(Fligh) #3

You delete them. Select a CV then a row with Shft-R and hit X.

%<

(lemoenus) #4

I have tried that, but the geometry is still connected i.e. it just removes the column or the row and stretches to the next one.

I am talking about splitting a Surfaces- Nurbs Surface into two parts with a slit/space in between.

(Fligh) #5

You can’t do that in Blender. You can select the top half and duplicate it with Shft-D then do the same with the bottom half and discard the original. Blender’s NURBS and Surfaces are primitive at best, you need to think primitive.

%<

(lemoenus) #6

Blender’s NURBS and Surfaces are primitive at best, you need to think primitive.
%<[/quote]

Well- Shift-D works :slight_smile: Thanks.