Detect When All frames are rendered?

Is there a way for me to detect if all frames (pngs) are completely rendered? I am running multiple jobs at once and I am looking to detect when all png files have completed.

One way would be to setup a handler for the render_complete event. Put a counter in the event. When the counter equals the last frame then you are done and can issue and email or whatever needs to happen at that point.

http://www.blender.org/documentation/blender_python_api_2_67b_release/bpy.app.handlers.html?highlight=handler#bpy.app.handlers

So something like this would work? I guess i am unclear how I insert a counter into the python run.

import bpy

def my_handler(scene):
print(“Render Complete”, scene.frame_current)

bpy.app.handlers.render_complete.append(my_handler)

Ok the problem is that I have multiple builds running the same animation-- so how do the others check to see if those files have completed?

logically, when all instances finsihed. Technically, it’s a bit more complicated as there’s no direct way to find this out / communicate between instances. So maybe let every instance create a file with unique name and check every minute if all of these files exist?

yeah I guess that is the only solution without a master slave render system.