[Dev] BGE Components Branch Created

@Argosse:
There are some guides to building Blender on Linux at the Blender wiki: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender/Linux

Instead of trunk though, you’ll want to checkout https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/bge_components

Indeed Moguri.
I did get blender to work in WINE, although it was a few months back.
Unfortunately i can only suggest that you search Google for some walk-through.
Otherwise, as Moguri said, compile for the best result.
Also Moguri, how likely is it for you to enable saving runtime using components, or will you have to wait until the feature freeze is lifted?

Components should work in the Blenderplayer, but I haven’t tested it much. On thing is you’ll have to make sure the components are in your Pythonpath.

After frustration with not being able to install python3.2-dev because of some multi-arch pkg wanting libc6-i386 instead of my i686, I gave wine a go and at first it wouldnt work but if you go to terminal and do

winetricks vcrun2008
, wine will then be able to run it. Puttin this out there so if anyone ever comes along and wants to run the win build on linux.

Ah, that was it ~ like i said it’s been a while!
If you need any other help with that networking plugin argosse , let me know.
I was recommended a better compression format, so i’ll be using that later on.

I have now uploaded a 32bit Linux build, but I haven’t tested it much:

Awesome thank you, I tryed compiling and got stuck on an error that said there was no rule to make libfreetype2 even though blender.bin needed. And when I first went to run your build it complains of a cpl lib.so.0 files, mine are all lib.so.9 and just copying and renaming made it run.

Thanks again.

Runs fine, thank you Moguri!

best regards,
moerdn

Is bge.logic the same as GameLogic in components?
E.g bge.logic.getCurrentController.owner[‘property’] =
GameLogic.getCurrentController.owner[‘property’]

Yes, bge.logic is an alias for GameLogic.

Is it not the other way around??? Does not matter really but anyway…