developer.blender.org - FONT

Seems there was changed a font for this site few weeks ago.
It’s quite hard to read this thin font on my iMac.

https://developer.blender.org

I didn’t find any user pref to change it.
Does anybody has the same problem?

Does exist a way to change font for this site?
Thank you

You could try installing an extension (e.g. GreaseMonkey) to perform per-page CSS modifications. From the looks of things, the thing you want to change is in core.pkg.css, line 39:

body{
    font:13px/1.231 'Segoe UI','Segoe UI Web Regular','Segoe UI Symbol','Helvetica Neue',Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
    direction:ltr;

Another solution would be using Stylish, an extension available for Firefox and Chrome, where you can write your own CSS for any site.

Ah yes, that’s the one I was thinking of but couldn’t remember the name of. IIRC, I used it for BA a few years back when it still used a bad theme that was hard to read.

I’m still using it today for several sites - can’t imagine to stay sane without it. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your replies.

@GreaseMonkey: I will check it if I’m able to manage it in Safari

@Sanne: Hmm, looks interesting, … installed … no styles for download … will have to study how to do manually.

Anyway I’m not a Chrome user, but I will think about it.
(Safari has now some “Reload Pages” system for pages opened for longer period that freeze all windows and its hard to get reload, It is quite user unfriendly.)

I thought maybe there is more people that has problem with new display and there is some easy way to switch.

For getting started I can give you a short rundown how to change d.b.o font to something else (because that’s what I did ;)). I’m using SeaMonkey, should be similar in other browsers.

• go to developer.blender.org
  • click on the Stylish Icon
  • in the dropdown click on “Write new style” … “for developer.blender.org
  • in the editor give the style a name
  • in the edit area add your style before the last curly closing brace.

In my style it looks like this, for a change to Verdana:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("blender.org") {

body {
    font-family: Verdana !important;
}

}

If you also want to change the font size, you can write:

body {
    font-family: Verdana !important;
    font-size: 1.5em !important;
}

Adjust the number to taste.

Click on preview to see your changes, click on save when happy. :slight_smile:
Right-click on your style name in dropdown to edit.