Devilish (?) dude [UPDATE 27Jan03]

I’m amazed I missed this one for so long!
great work, and great, stylish modeling style. I like it very much.

Update #6

Thanx guys…

I’m now really next to mirroring!

Just need to tweak a little more the model, expecially:

1 - The wrist;

2 - The wing;

3 - The tail

I’m still thinking on BgDM suggestion for hooves. Goat hooves are really small, compared with goat head, much smaller, in proportion than horse’s, for example. I must sleep on this :wink:

Ather images:

Wing detail

Gloal view

Yeah, last one has poor light, fact is that my spotdome is now too small for the complete model. I’ll make it bigger.

Comments?

Stefano

we need a jaw-drop smiley
I’m not going to give a single crit. I can’t- this is too nice. Great character design, great execution. I even like the lighting, it makes him look backlit with Subsurface scattering.
:Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z [!]

WOW!..
uhhh… WOW!!!
that is incredible!!
I’d like to see a shot of that thing in flight. or lurking in the shadows of… something…

nice! very creative especailly with the wings!

Brilliant!

I would not like to be lugging those wings around!
:Z :Z :Z :Z :Z :Z / 5

:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Update #7

Thanx guys…

Mirrored!

I will tweak it a little, to break symmetry, and the gasp I’ll try to texture him…

Comments?

Stefano

Nice! I see what you mean about broad ;P. Definitley fix that. The wings could be more up on the shoulders I think as well. Also, the abdomen/rib cage seems to be a little thin/flat as well.

Now get those hooves scaled up a bit too :stuck_out_tongue: .

BgDM

WOW! that would make a great gargoyle. I’d like a pair gaurding my front door. that would make the door-2-door salsepeople think twice!
I know it’s not textyuerd yet but it has a cool look, like it’s carved out of stone, but even more: like a it’s a drawing/painting of something carved out of stone. don’t know if it was intenteded, but the look is definitly good

Excellent! I love the exaggerated proportions of the wings and claws - they take it from being the boring old standard gargoyle figure into something that’s so much more twisted, strange, psychotic and evil!

Man, this is looking brilliant, i love that last mirrored shot of the whole char, awesome!!! You can almost see the moon lit sky behind him with bats and… well, its your .blend, not mine hehe!!! :wink:

I definatly want to see your final product, is it going to be a still or are you going to animate him as well??? Definatly keep us posted!!! :wink:

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!