DGE Stained Glass Material v 1.0

This is a simple little node material that maybe someone might find a use for. The old materials had a simple Voronoi noise texture that had a decent stained glass without much work. In Cycles & EEVEE nodes, the noise textures works slightly differently, however.
Anyway, I’ve wanted to recreate it for a long-term project of mine… and today, I actually managed to get something very close. Once I figured how to get the lead grout design, then I had to figure out how to get the colours to line up. Then had to figure out which mixing mode worked best.
There are 3 variations, depending on your desired look. Works fairly well in both Cycles and EEVEE.

1. Basic texture. “Unlit” Just a regular surface texture and it requires a light on the object texture to be visible.
  2. Emission texture. “Light” The basic texture - plus the colour is copied into the Principled BSDF’s Emission input. This results in the texture being “self-lit” - no light is required. Basically, the colours light up.
  3. Emission texture. “Heavy” The Emission texture plus a ColorRamp node to increase the contrast - the dark grouting and the colours are more intense.

One limitation. I’ve wanted to have coloured volumetric lighting, shining “through” the glass. Alas, Blender still doesn’t do that easily.

Uploaded to a blend of this to BlendSwap, just in case.

Update: URL Deleted
Apparently it was too basic for blendswap. I’m kind of surprised, given some of the other uploads but whatever. If anyone actually requests it, I’ll post it here.

I’m still working on getting volumetrics to work properly. I did figure out how to make the light shine through, on Cycles at least. I’ll see how far I can push it before posting the update to the material though.