Digital Painting of The Scarecrow (from Batman)

Hello all. Here is my latest digital painting, which is also one of my coolest ever works of art.

It’s too big to attach to a message, so here is the DeviantArt link (make sure to click the image again to see it in full size):
http://nes-1138.deviantart.com/art/The-Scarecrow-81772370

It was done with only a mouse in GIMP.

There are also a few other cool Batman artworks on my profile.

purely amazing.

Hey I think I am interested in that:)

Just a mouse! wow.

Stop using a mouse and buy a laptop with touch screen if you ca afford …an Thinkpad X61… it is good.

Mouse it is bad in 5 years you can get bad injuries to your “hand joints” and even fell the “muscle blockage” when you try to move your hand…

Good drawing , keep it up. One hint add a little light from the top rising to the creature head to encapsulate the dramatic feel and make it more dangerous.

Remember light can spoil a creation or it can make it the bad`est painting.

Stop using a mouse and buy a laptop with touch screen if you ca afford …an Thinkpad X61… it is good.

Mouse it is bad in 5 years you can get bad injuries to your “hand joints” and even fell the “muscle blockage” when you try to move your hand…

Yeah, I’ve thought about that (the health problems). :smiley: Unfortunately, I have no source of income yet :o, but I’ll be getting a Wacom Intuos pretty soon as an extremely late Christmas present.

One hint add a little light from the top rising to the creature head to encapsulate the dramatic feel and make it more dangerous.

If you mean a spotlight effect, there actually is one; you might be viewing it on a dark monitor. I was going to make it a little more pronounced, but I didn’t want to wash out the colors on the mask too much.

Check loomis examples of light…http://www.scribd.com/search?query=andrew+loomis

:smiley: and keep sketchin

Don’t worry, I’ve got all his books. :slight_smile:

I had great results from the IMAK Smartglove, and they’re down to $15 now -

Link

BTW, nice painting :slight_smile:

Well, I’ve got my Wacom now, but thanks. :smiley:

It looks like a mix of Boogie Ooogie from Tim Burton’s Nightmare Before Christmas and The Scarecrow from the movie…I AM NOT MAKING FUN OF IT IN ANYWAY! It is truly amazazing!(haha)

Great Job 5stars =)

Good painting! I’m impressed since I’ve tried to paint with the Gimp before (with a mouse at that) and I wasn’t so hot at it. How long did it take you to do this rendering?

@Lilgrudgeboy: Haha, don’t worry; I took no offense. :smiley:

@Anayo: Thanks. :slight_smile: This actually took only an evening to do (or maybe two evenings; it’s vague now, but I know I did at least most of the work in one).

Back then, I acted on inspiration and acted quickly. I really need to get back into that swing of things… :frowning:

If you want to see my latest work, I shall direct you here: http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/charcoal-drawing-s--t32739s25.html

There’s one drawing so far, but starting tonight I’m going to force myself back into that drawing-a-day plan. So, hopefully there’ll be more stuff every day.

This is with a mouse right??? …its really good…and i no i all ready said it…but i still love it =P…

Your drawing on gimptalk looked like a piece of concept art from Lord of the Rings… sorta goblinish and fantasy. I liked the wrinkles in it, since I know that’s not easy to draw. Only thing I could think to improve would be higher contrast.

@Lilgrudgeboy: Yep, just a mouse. However, this pales in comparison to another mouse work I saw the other day: http://ertacaltinoz.deviantart.com/art/quot-RUN-quot-84139552

It just takes practice. :wink:

@Anayo: Thanks very much. :slight_smile: And yes, I definitely need to get the hang of stronger shadows. I actually tried really hard to strengthen the shadows on that drawing, but it doesn’t seem to show through… I suppose it would’ve helped to use a darker charcoal, too (I had either the medium or light, as opposed to dark).

That is really cool - the leaf dragon link.

Anyways @ BlendRoid image

• how large is your moniter and did you zoom in and out for your image or maximise the image to full screen when working with it ?
  • how/ which brush did you use for the teeth ?
    I can’t draw anything unless I have entire frame before me.

my words were HOLY FUCK…(sorry)…thats truly crazy…wow…