Dinoreplicas Doodles

Took a break from drawing cartoon canines to scribble this up for the digital draft of the mural. I’ll make a more precise template for transferring to the wall.

Ice or snow, Everest is ready to go!

2 Likes

Had a bit of a cold last week and didn’t feel much like drawing anything for the mural, getting back into this now. Here’s Marshall.

Wasn’t happy with my original Rubble drawing, made a second attempt, not sure if it’s that much of an improvement but nevermind.

1 Like

Mostly done with the pups now, turning my attention to assembly.
Also want to come with up a ‘starburst’ effect behind the characters, preference is for cyan/light blue.

1 Like

Let’s dive in!
Zuma for Paw Patrol mural. That should be it for the characters, unless I add more later.

Made this starburst for the background but it’s a bit too smooth. Don’t fancy trying to paint this without a spray gun or airbrush.

Want to come up with something a little rougher that I can just scrub on with a decorating brush. I’ll have another go at this.

1 Like

Closer to what I want. This is just a line (crayon brush in Krita) copied and rotated a few times then combined combined with some soft brushing.

1 Like

PAW PATROL ASSEMBLE!
This is the final layout I’m going with for the mural. A little more spread out than the original composition.

Made a grid version for transferring to the wall, divisions represent 10 cm. The corner falls between rows I and J.

2 Likes

Dug my stuff out of the cupboard - Paints, brushes, palettes etc. Hope to start on the actual mural tomorrow.

Finally! made a start on the physical mural :grinning:.
Grid went up quick so got most of the lines down. Brown, magenta and cyan watercolor pencils.

Couple of close-ups

1 Like

Maybe went a bit heavy with the brown outlines, we’ll see. I’ve randomised the angles a bit on the starburst, the digital one is a bit too regular in hindsight.

Also managed to get some flat colour on the logo, the A3 print taped to the door my daughter printed for me at work :grinning:.

2 Likes

Got a little further with it. Added a little depth to the starburst with a deeper cyan. You can see the brown under-shading pass is being gradually glazed over with the main colours.

2 Likes