Dinosaur and alien new models

Ma guarda… un Italiano…

E pure DAVVERO bravo!

ti sei già iscritto al forum di kino www.kino3d.com/forum ?
Sta rischiando di diventare il piu’ importante luogo d’incontro per utenti
blender italiani…facci un giro…

Hey Natron, this is Env.
I have seen your t-rex model and I think it’s a good one, especially for the head. May be the joining of the shoulders with the body needs a little improvment, (they come out too much from the general shape).
For the textures, I created very big maps (about 1000 per 700 pixels) to obtain details of the scales and I mapped them with planar (flat) projection from the side. Filtering of each texture = 0.50.
I made four “mix” maps: the color, the bump, the spec and the diffuse map. Then, to add the brownish stripes on the skin, I added with “mul” another color map painted on a white base; it works!
(Anyway, flat projection is not the best way: uv mapping is much better).
On my site you can see two little exaples of the maps I used for Allosaurus.

Escuse me for my bad english, I’m not used to. If you have other question, be free to ask me.

Yup, a lot of nice stuff there…

Stefano

P.S. is the order in your signatire correct??? FIRST dinosaurs and THEN women???

Only because women are more difficult than dinosaurs to model or draw, but more easy to know… no, the order is not important.

Beautiful work, and site. Your work inspires me to improve and gives me something to aim at. Sorry didn’t reply sooner was busy updating my site and Stonzy showed me this thread. I’m glad he did and I have bookmarked your site. Keep up the good work.

Paradox

Thank you, Paradox. Nice mite in your site.

Nice Alien!

I’d do something about the “thin” areas in the hands & arms if I where to animate it though…
It appears too flat in some areas, otherwise GREAT imagination.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
JoOngle

You are right, I should improve it. I’ll do.

Holy crap!

First off, welcome to elysiun. Second of all, I have to say that you are one very incredibly good artist. The images on your site prove that. The alien animation was very good. I love the texturing job you did on that one.

I can’t wait to see more of our work.

BgDM

WOW!

that walk cycvle is great

blender?

Thank you all. Yes, the cycle walk of Casmosaurus is just Blender. The alien animation too.

Because Natron asked me of better details on the Allosaurus textures, I decided to post the little examples of the maps and of the textures setting and filtering; just in case anyone should be interested.

The texture setting

http://utenti.lycos.it/enricovalenza/texture%20setting.jpg

Texture filtering

http://utenti.lycos.it/enricovalenza/texture%20filtering.jpg

Color map ex

http://utenti.lycos.it/enricovalenza/color%20map%20ex.jpg

Bump map ex

http://utenti.lycos.it/enricovalenza/bump%20map%20ex.jpg

You can download the texture I used to start from
here.

Env

Amazing work env :slight_smile:

we wait for a Allosaur texturing tutorial (italian and english)

Ciao

Kino

Really? I’ll try to do one.

Env

wow…I can just say that, I envy your talent…

My lack is just the texturing…models and lights are my thing…I guess…

keep up the great work !

Hey Env,

There is one thing I really want to know:

You know the main image on your homepage? How on earth did you create the atmospheric glow of the planet? Surely not with Blenders halo materials…

I’m guessing it is post processed in an image editing package, but I’d really like to know. :wink:

Anyway, your work rocks. :smiley:

Hey, M@dcow!
You are right: the whole image is rendered in Blender (different steps) and post processed in Gimp.
Anyway there is a better way than halo to do planet atmospheric effects in Blender: an image, mapped with the alpha channel for transparency on a dish (I don’t know if this is the correct word); the dish is “trackked to” the camera, so also in animation you can see it the right way.
I “stole” the idea from a Blender tutorial about Saturn’s rings.
The tecno images on my site have this effect: it can be improved.

I hope to have been clear.

bye

Env

Actually, i thin kthe most impressive thing is the inside of the aliens mouth, when it raors… how on earth?

I am wokring on a t rex, and i want ot know how to do the peices of flseh inbetween the jaws., You know… the pink cheek things?

I am sure they have a word

I don’t know the english word: in italian is “membrana”.
You have to do it as a one piece with the model, and assign a different material to it (or, in the case of the roaring alien, the same material).

Env