DirectX Exporter

I have added animated shape keys to Suzanneand exported the result to a .x file. Both DirectX Viewer and MView can load this file, but the animation is lost. How do I include the effect of the shape keys in the exported file?

I’m also trying to export shape key animations to DirectX without success… it seems as if that the exporter doesn’t yet support shape keys. I’m currently using Action Constraints as an alternative; after all both of them roughly do the same thing (bone driven animations).

Thanks Cardinal4, but…there’s always a but!..I’m not using bones. There must be a way to persuade Blender/DirectX to morph animations. I’ll keep lokimg.

Best wishes

tholland

I stumbled upon a DirectX exporter that can export Shape Keys.

http://www.geero.net/Projects/DirectXExporter/index.html

I can’t find the exact forum thread that i found the link in, but it seems you can use this exporter to export shape keys, except that you have to do some DirectX programming application-side in order to play the morph targets.

Thanks again Cardinal4. I have tried this program but it doesn’t seem to reproduce the shapekey data that I am looking for. I’ve tried mesh.key.getBlocks(), mexh.key.getIpos() and Ipo.getIpos(); they all produce data for the combined effect of all shapekeys and not, as I would like, each shapekey on its own. Any other ideas?

Best wishes

tholland