Dirty meshes in 2.8

I finally tried 2.8 beta, and am generally impressed by it. However, one annoyance is that opening 2.79b files results in meshes displaying triangulation lines, in both object as well as edit modes. This is not the case in 2.79b, where the meshes are clean in object mode. Only edit mode displays the triangulation lines there. Is there a fix for this currently in 2.8?

Can’t say I’ve ever had that issue, I constantly pull things in from 2.79 and have never encounterred the triangulation thing.

Might be something specific to your hardware, mind stating your graphics card?

No dirty meshes for me either, using a GTX 1060 6GB card from Nvidia.

Yes, stating your GPU information is very important in this case, especially if they could be the gift that keeps on giving for the developers (ie. awful Intel or MacOS drivers).

Thanks for the replies. I am running a Quadro K4100, with an up to date driver, but it is not the cause of the problem since 2.79b is also on the same machine. As I wrote above, 2.79b is clean in object mode, but 2.8 is not. Importantly, I should have clarified that the problem is confined to objects with Boolean holes. Perhaps someone could also test this to see if they can replicate what I am saying. We should get this fixed.

Booleans are still WIP for now. Probably faces are dirty because normals get screwed sometimes in booleans results. File a bug with all details as possible, otherwise as usual “unreported bugs never existed”.

I just did. It is task T62337. Fingers crossed.