(Discord) Wisdom Within

| Personal Discord Server |
Join to support me

Introducing for the 1st time my new game-project Wisdom Within.
[MENU] (NEW)

https://streamable.com/4newm
[GAME-PLAY] (NEW)
Player is totally lame & will be replaced ASAP :smile:
Environment is based on Post-Apocalyptic under-ground shelter.
Ambient Occlusion textures look horrible as it is set to low -
because Blender Cycles sampling is SO process intense.

https://streamable.com/as5lg

3 Likes

game of parkour ?

No. I’m planning it to be a Point & Click adventure with Strategic elements :slight_smile:

ok, but the fps will be parkour or not ? I ask because you hide the debugs

Pretty sure there are no parkour elements in the game

3 Likes

Is the game’s artstyle based off of that of Last Man fighting? I noticed other than the models, there are some differences. Such as the lighting and textures

2 Likes

@blenderaptor

What in the world does the Profile Frame-Rate have to do with whether it’s Parkour or not :confused: ? ?

Hey @CountEthan , glad you could make it :grin:
To answer your question, they aren’t the same models, as I usually make new assets per-project to help me get in the mood of the planned vision.
The reason they have the same look is because Low-Poly is the best modeling I can do currently with my skills.
However, once my skills include High-Poly modeling, I’ll be sure to include newer models :slight_smile:

1 Like

#parkour it’s a private joke about your gun’s gang low polys games struggling at 25fps . Ok i stop with that joke :wink:

1 Like

Wisdom Within [UPDATE]
A lot of new changes.
See them for you-self in the video - Or join my Discord server to get test versions that are now available ^^
If you can’t join for personal reasons & you want to try-out the test versions, PM me & we can negotiate.

1 Like

This project is well on the Rise Great to see your Updates buddy!

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Thanks for the support :slight_smile:
At the moment I’m trying to juggle development with Last Man Fighting & this project & it’s a little hard, but fun for sure ^^

[NEWS]
Version 0.02 test version is finally available on the Discord server (or) through negotiations in private.

[UPDATED]

1. [ESC] key now does Game -> Menu -> End Game
  2. Modified all UI so now it all makes sense (I removed a lot of unnecessary stuff)
  3. Removed [RIGHT] mouse holding for Walking & Looking modes (there’s only camera mode now, which is automatic)
    Will soon add Player_Position to Mouse-Cursor position on click function.
1 Like

parkour game is a meme. It’s about succeeding killing the BGE only with cubes and planes

| NEWS & UPDATE |
New everything :slight_smile:
Texture bake-lines are obviously visible. Still in the testing phase :sweat_smile:
Textures aren’t mine. Will maybe replace later.

2 Likes

wow, the colors looks interesting and the use of wooden puppets taking life could be an interesting subject ; parkour with ragdoll ? make videos

The colors are baked & I think that’s what’s interfering :weary:
Yes, I’ll make a video once basic game-play is established.

Btw, I don’t know why I’m saying this, but I get 650fps when my screen-resolution is 1366x768 instead of 1920x1080 resolution.

Text with BLF module (I learned this on my own) is just a rough-draft & isn’t related to game-mechanics at all.

I finally learned how to create BLF text justification thanks to @ethicalfive :smiley:

3 Likes

Why u don’t use ur asset viewer crate for this game @RPaladin

I might, that crate is not exactly low-poly :slight_smile:

I totally forgot to post my newest updates for Wisdom Within from days ago :sweat_smile:

Human (vs) Alien.
Human will have ranged weapon while Alien has ranged weapon.
Alien has extra speed + can see in the dark.

| EDIT |
Click on 1st image to see the full image (BA is reducing the image-size for some reason)

Credits:
UI is all made by me (except icons which are 3rd-party)
Again, ground-textures aren’t mine (3rd-party)
Player functions -

1. Walk
  2. Rotate

Credits:
Human on the left, Alien on the right.
Both models are from the same 3rd-party model (I made the human head lul)
Models are textured by me with 3rd-party textures.
Player models are rigged by me - Walk-animation is already complete.

1 Like