Discovery-(free downloadable 3d model)

Hi Everyone
Time ago I’ve started this model for a project that unfortunately didn’t go on, is only a rough high-poly model but I thought someone could find it useful for some other project, as base for a retopology exercise or whatever so I decided to release it for free for everyone as .obj and .blend.
There is no retopology yet and isn’t rigged, only some meshes (as the suit) have a messy UV Mapping for testing the fabric normal map on it.
The render instead is a simple sketch I’ve made playing around with blender.
Software used:
-Zbrush for the base mesh and some props.
-Marvelous Designer for the suit
-Blender for additional modeling,a sketchy rig and rendering in Cycles
-Photoshop for rendering post
Isn’t nothing fancy but I really hope someone can find it useful in some way.

Download link:

Renders and breakdown in full resolution at this links:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qKKXN
https://www.behance.net/gallery/50179455/DISCOVERY-(FREE-3D-MODEL-DOWNLOAD)

Attachments

Thanks for sharing. I’ll take a look at it !
Great modelling and I really like the way you showcase it. the image definitely got some poetry.

Reminds me of Stranger Things from Netflix. Good work

I love it!

I’ve had this image sitting in my reference photos for a while and I haven’t gotten to working on it since I don’t have a space suit model, perhaps I could this?

Full credit for the model will be given to you of course. How does that sound?

Thank you for sharing it with us ! and Nice work !

Love it, thanks for sharing,Cycles 200 Samples.

Thank you guys, I’m happy to see other people interested to the model

DERBENDER Love it, thanks for sharing,Cycles 200 Samples.

Good work, i like the use of metal/shiny material, give it a surreal spatial vibe that reminds me the style of an old TV shows

bigbad Reminds me of Stranger Things from Netflix. Good work

Thank you, I’ve liked Stranger Things and all that '80 aesthetics, glad someone find a resenblance to it

BloodRed15 I love it!
Attachment 476574
I’ve had this image sitting in my reference photos for a while and I haven’t gotten to working on it since I don’t have a space suit model, perhaps I could this?

Full credit for the model will be given to you of course. How does that sound?

Great concept, I really like it.
As I say you all are free to use the model as you want, even modified it, at least it didn’t go waste so I can only be happy if you find it useful for a cool render, credit on the model aren’t mandatory but credit me would be nice, mostly because I’m curious to see the final result, go on my friend!

Thanks!
I’ll start working on it soon

Thanks again for the model Domenico! also thanks for pointing out you used rigify, did a quick tutorial. Havent done much rigging so it sort of new each time :wink:

Anyways i used Thea4Blender to render it and did some minor post work in photshop. Here are 2 versions, 1 is a bit heavy with a film filter. The other one is much subtle

Attachments

Hi rombout, do you have a link to the tutorial you used for rigify? I’m trying to rig the model myself but am having a lot difficulty with tutes i’ve found, I don’t even want to animate just pose for some artwork. If you could even send you rigged model so i can learn off that, that would be incredible.

Cheers.

Hi man, I follewed this one and skipped some parts to speed it up a bit. It was a bit tricky if I remember well and also need to quite some fixing on the weight maps.

Heres another image I did using that same rigged model
http://thearender.com/forum/download/file.php?id=36461&mode=view/rokbox.jpg