Discussion around Doubleclick in Blender

Could you please read the forum FAQ, specifically the part about “Ad-hominem attacks”.

Because there is no double clicking in blender, you don’t have to be aware of this in blender. This speeds you up, and lets you think about things other than 'how fast am I clicking and how fast is the double click speed?". It get’s worse when you instead have “No, dammit I’m not clicking that fast stupid computer, ugh, I wanted that vertex.”

Indeed in many other pieces of software you need to be aware of this. Blender you don’t, as such it improves your ability to be in that flow state I mentioned and your ability to focus on things other than how the computer is interpreting your inputs. Blender’s input design is specifically created in contrary to other software in this way, and no double clicking only scratches the surface of that design.

What’s the problem with it being in the industry standard keymap? since it’s an industry standard convention that only flies in contrary to blender’s typical input design.

Nope.

Aforementioned reasons