Discussion around Doubleclick in Blender

Please, I encourage you, come up with some concrete workflow points that could prove double click is worth adding into the default keymaps, even though it damages flow and causes ambiguity.

If there are reasons it should be included, I’m willing to listen and agree with you, but you have presented none so far that go beyond gaining an extra 1-2 keybinds, which is not significant enough to warrant such destruction to the deterministic control setup we get in the default blender keymaps.

I understand it is difficult to understand the flow state, and how the removal of ambiguity is a big deal, if you haven’t experienced it. I assure you it is, I’m sure you can find plenty of users in here that can attest to that, quiet though they can be when drowned out.

But that’s ok, even if you can’t accept that, if you really, absolutely, must have double click available for something, you can have it in the industry standard keymap, a solution the devs already came up with, which gives both of us the things we want. And, I’m sure with a turorial or quick help from someone you’ll no doubt be able to find, or by copying it from the industry standard keymap, you could quite easily add it with the keymap editor to your default keymap.