Discussion around Doubleclick in Blender

Um, nope. Unfortunately, that does not do anything at all. That only works if you don’t have “Emulate 3 button mouse on.”

Oh, and just to say, I’m finding it worse to have double click than extra keystrokes. Just testing, trying to figure out deselect, I’m starting to have pain in my hand from all the extra clicking. The same pain I have when I have to continually hold down a middle mouse button just to navigate my 3D view.

I don’t have this setting enabled. But still, it must be a bug, it worked before.

I love having persistent selections (verts, faces, etc are added to selection without needing to hold shift) along with some kind of simple command to select loops. I can do with one hand what I could do with 2 and multiple hotkeys.

I don’t see the point of having two keymaps for blender. It makes it harder for tutorial makers and ultimately learners. Outside of a few tweaks for people coming from Maya etc, I think people should learn a new application instead of trying to use a new application like the old one. Things like left click select are vital though. We should decide what is important for new users to be familiar with by default and what isn’t.

Blender heads should get with the program and just accept the changes. It will be uncomfortable for a bit, but ultimately they will get used to it. I think doing this is being overly accommodating and doubling the work for people providing learning resources.

You still can do it by yourself, in the input settings. It’s just the legacy blender keymap that seems to avoid using it.

Thanks. I figured it out. Had to click the little triangle to have more options.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Discussion around blender’s default keymap

Moved off topic discussion regarding altering blenders keymap to a separate thread in the Off Topic section as i dont think its suited for the Blender 2.8 section.

I’ve tried it in the alpha, and it didn’t work there either. But if it’s a bug, I figure I should report it. Is there a specific link for that?

https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/1

Well at least they didn’t remove the double click functionality itself so that you can remap it to anything, i personally prefer to select linked by double clicking.

In c4d the select linked is double click in faces mode, and loop select is double click in edge mode. The best of both worlds. I wish I could do that in blender, but it seems impossible. There’s no distinction between component modes. :frowning:

1 Like

yes indeed(

How about click on vertice, flick along connected edge without releasing and release to select loop? Doable with Blender input framework? Python api up for this? Thinking display tablet and stylus, no keyboard (Voyo i7plus)…

Hey, just posting to say I don’t seem to be able to select edge loops in UV maps either. If someone is able to do this, please let me know how.

Alt click is working here…

2018-12-22_03-51-31

1 Like

Bet you don’t have 3 button emulation mode on, do you? You know, this is why I never used left click select before. Using the middle mouse button is so much more uncomfortable for me that it’s painful within a few minutes, and 3 button emulation mode just locks off several features in left click select mode.

1 Like

Nope.
Anyway, this might be a bug then.
Shoot: https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/1

Yeah, I already reported it. And said the above, because they don’t seem to have ever done any testing with both of those options on. I’ve been having these issues in Blender forever (it’s why I never used left click select), but I thought that with them switching to left click select as the default they’d have tested it with other options on. I’m hoping this will lead to more thorough testing with the two options on, because I’m just reporting what I’m coming across in my limited use. There’s a lot of Blender I don’t touch.

I’m happy to be of some service, if slight.