Disgusting creature

nice render! it’s sure is disgusting, remembers me of the cronenberg rick & morty :slight_smile:

I see, I couldn’t run it on XP, but may be Win 7 or a 10 system. For the game engine would be interesting, but a lot what is there would have to be removed.

Thanks, I haven’t thought of that comparison. But it is a flattering one :slight_smile:

Yeah I run a Windows 7. I wasn’t concerned with optimization for game engines at all, I intended it to be more “cinematic” from the start. Although at one point I downgraded all maps to JPGs because it became a real slog to preview renders. :smiley:

Are you planning a release of this?

You mean like on blendswap? Do you think I should release it?

Dude - you da man! This is a great piece, reminds of a scene from John Carpenters Thing. my Dad took me to see at the age of 6 lol… scared me literally beneath the seat as does your model.

ha - i hadn’t read your caption when I posted. First thing I thought of was The Thing. Great work. Captured the essence completely.,

zerg Frankenstein thing!

Or Sendspace that only remains up there for a month at a time in total. Where ever you feel you could. Unless you can personally make some money of it, may be you shouldn’t release it. I don’t know, I was just curious as to the make up of the file, I can’t run it on XP. But I’m sure the optiplex with 4GB of RAM should be able to open it, its a render file, not a game engine file obviously, that game engine is primitive for that sort of detail.

Nice rendering and surfacing! Great nightmarish creature.

Thanks. I think I must’ve spent about 50% of the time on the surfacing.

Love that animation!!!

Not so sure if the head on the very long “neck” goes so well with it, is that supposed to be some sort of angler-fish like lure? But the rest is great, like something H.R.Giger would come up with.

Yes, exactly, glad you got it. Well it’s also a throwback to how in The Thing, heads used to dangle off the creatures’ bodies in the weirdest ways. I also included elements of a frog, a centipede, and a water scorpion.
I even drew a shitty concept, just for myself, just cause I always need a 2d concept to go off of when modelling.

I wouldn’t call your concept “shitty” at all, it looks very good (and you’re vastly better at organic drawing than I am), although in the model the creature has fattened up enough, and enough other details have changed that I would say that the modelled creature might not be quite the same species as the concept one, clearly the same genus though. The model is much more terrifying, but the way the head fits onto the sketch seems a more beleivable sort of fit, may have something to do with the way that the proportions of the sketch are more like the stance of a theropod dinosaur, while the model sits mroe like a frog. I’d like to see a creature closer to the concept sketch as well as the one you’ve already modelled, you might be able to do it with a few little proportional tweaks (lengthening the models legs, raising it’s tail and stance, taking the arms out of the mouth, “all the more to grab and tear at you with”) The models mouth though, that definitely wouldn’t benefit from being mroe loyal to the sketch, the modelled mouth has something much more shocking about it.

Thanks for the comment. I don’t think I’ll be going back to it, I’ve spent enough time on this thing as it is. Time for new projects :smiley: