"distortion shader buffer"

(BluePrintRandom) #1

this is what I have so far, (it’s like a blur over frames using a back buffer)

next is to pass a 2d vector ‘travel direction’ so the waves will propagate only 1 way / cancel each other out etc.

1 Like

(BluePrintRandom) #2

working shader :smiley:

I know GLSL !

2 Likes

(BluePrintRandom) #3

:3

3 Likes

(BluePrintRandom) #4
1 Like

(BluePrintRandom) #5

Gravometric Distortion

0 Likes

(BluePrintRandom) #6
1 Like

(BluePrintRandom) #7

And Good night :smiley:

1 Like

(mataii) #8

:open_mouth: Amazing BPR! :hugs:

1 Like

(BluePrintRandom) #9

Here is bloom and distortion in the same file :smiley:

1 Like

(BluePrintRandom) #10

BBBOOOOMMM

1 Like

(mataii) #11

:scream: Hey! that looks very very good! :open_mouth:

1 Like

(BluePrintRandom) #12

noticed a error, tracked it down,

Mix RGB chops off negative values.

Vector math does not :smiley:

1 Like

(AeroLynx) #13

Cool! These temporal effects looks really nice and seem to be a good opportunity to learn a little bit GLSL :+1:

I’ve always admired the shader works around here (and on shadertoy), but never learned to write these from scratch.

• Do you have on of the above examples as *.blend which is a nice starting point to dig a little bit into the code?

• With respect to your noticed error: I remember having an unexpected behavior in a node material once which I was able to track down by exporting the automatically generated (Blender internal) shader to a file and looking at it. I think it was from gpu module, not 100% sure. It was doing unexepcted color space transformations which messed up what I was trying to do.

• Are you using specific UPBGE features or does does it work in vanilla BGE as well?

Keep it up!

0 Likes

(BluePrintRandom) #14

this is using render attachment buffers for Distortion buffer, and bloom buffer.

it’s in recent upbge master,
I have a win64 build I built, and a linux build someone built for me if you need a link.

1 Like

(BluePrintRandom) #15

I normalize the distortion buffer now, so it’s a bit more predictable how the wave travels.

1 Like

(BluePrintRandom) #16

1 Like

(BluePrintRandom) #17
0 Likes

(BluePrintRandom) #18
0 Likes

(BluePrintRandom) #19
0 Likes

(NoiseLens) #20

Did you try to make a censorship effect? it would be interesting

0 Likes