Do UPBGE really worth to replace BGE?

UPBGE is a fork of the BGE.

Both are freely available. It is up to you to decide which one you want to use. Due to the same origins most of the logic desciption is the same.

Armory, UE are different game engines. The logic desciption is completely different to BGE/UPBGE.You could import the assets from Blender, but everything else needs to be created from scratch.

just my 5 cents

as people told you, upbge has a lot of improvements over bge, as well as bug fixes. one that i noticed is that changing a mesh in bge causes physics to not update. that bug is not present in upbge. that means that you can set up crouching much easier in upbge.
but, upbge is not perfect. with every new version, more and more things broke. some got fixed with new versions, but then others broke instead (libload is the most recent).

upbge is worth replacing bge, but neither are “bug free” enough to make a complete game, just logic brick attempts, prototypes, tech demos and demos.
i recommend bge/upbge for learning and fun, but not for something serious.

development is now stopped, but could be resumed in any moment if new programmers joined, as it is free software.

no it did not. unreal came out around 1998, in the time of quake. quake 3 and unreal1 where competitors back then, then unreal continued to grow, with unreal 2 and udk (unreal 3), and now unreal 4. it is an engine with more than 20 years of history, and i dare say thousands if not millions of games made on it. the closest open source engines would be the idtech ones (quake, quake2, quake3, doom3, rage), as they were released as gpl by id software. the latest of which being id tech 5 (rage).

bge will never be on par with unreal. unreal is a dedicated game engine. blender is too complex in its structure and functioning to get close to it, as it uses parts of blender to work. it is tied to blender’s way of doing things, and it needs blender to run exported games. it also has lots of blender features that it can’t use, and just get in the way.
it is great for begginers, hobbyists and people who like experimenting, and you can make simple games with it, but many times people try to make their games too big, and then feel frustrated when they are unable to finish them.

" In 1988, Ton Roosendaal co-founded the Dutch animation studio NeoGeo. This studio quickly became the largest 3D animation house in the Netherlands. Within NeoGeo, Ton was responsible for both art direction and internal software development. After a careful deliberation, it was decided that the current in-house 3D toolset needed to be rewritten from scratch. In 1995 this rewrite began and was destined to become the 3D software tool we all now know as Blender."

BGE was part of NeoGeo

that’s blender. bge was created in 2000.

Jus to let you know:

Typically you need to have to set Collision Bounds to Triangle Mesh and you have to replace the physics mesh (not just the display mesh)

i’m not gonna go into a discusion on how to find a workaround to a bge bug. i found it working on the crash bandicoot fangame, it is a bug, it is not present in upbge.
yes setting it to triangle mesh makes it work, but the object starts to bounce without stop, that is no solution at all.
we need to admit to bge’s faults if we want to compare it to other engines, otherwise it will always be a broken, incomplete and unusable engine. i used it for fun and learning, but if i wanted to make a professional game like many users here attempt to, i would not use bge nor upbge.
i’ve tried, i’ve tested bge to the maximum of its capabilities, and know every single bug of every single version, i am well past that stage of dreaming now and have moved on, since support for bge has officially and decisively stopped, so no one’s going to fix the bugs. it’s been more than 10 years of waiting for bge to be improved/fixed, and honestly, i’m tired.

Triangle mesh is touchy, sensitive; adjust collision margins/radius to compensate.

That aside; faults the engine has do not outweight my capacity to waltz around them, and I’m by far not the sharpest programmer here – so it’s far from unusable. I’d call it kinky, though.

If you’re going to make outlandish BGE claims, at least try to base them in reality…

I honestly thought it did.

Bge’s original target was Ps1 right?