Do vehicle models have a lot of verts?

I’m making my Xth attempt at modeling a vehicle.
Is it normal (ha - no joke intended) to have many verts and edges to get the shape correct?

I’m using the technique of blueprints, front, side, top and haven’t started any windows yet - but have been working on the wheel wells/fenders and it seems I need to add so many more loop/edge cuts to get the right curves and shape.

Totally depends how detailed you are going, but yes, they can easily get very dense. Take a look around here and other forums to see people’s wires/wips and get a look at how they do it.
Most people go with the method of blocking in shape, and adding more and more detail each iteration.

depends if you want a low res or high res model !

I got a high res tire with 90 K verts !LOL

so decide first what the res will be and try to work to keep it that way

happy cl

I plan to take a pic of a street and composite it into that photo - so realism (from a distance) is intended.
Good idea, I’ll take a look at the WIPs.

Also dig around for free car models and look at what they’ve done.

Here’s the demo BMW. I’m not a car modeler, but to me it looks like it isn’t too detailed, but the basic shape is really good for how few verts it uses.
https://download.blender.org/demo/test/BMW27_2.blend.zip

as above it depends on the level of detail you need
the auto manufactures have cad and 3d models with BILLIONS of verts

Yes, that is a simple wireframe yet as good detail. Even the ‘seams’ or the gaps around the door is simple. I’ll need to follow that technique - thanks for posting.