Do you believe that aliens exist?

I recently heard about something called the disclosure project, where people with high credentials have come forward and told their stories of interactions with beings and technology that are not from this world.

You can watch the press conference and get more info here:
http://www.disclosureproject.org/

I’m just curious, how many of you guys think there are advanced extra-terrestrial beings out there? If so, do you think their intentions are good or bad?

Please Note:
Since these kinds of threads are often derailed, let me make this clear now. This is not a thread to discuss politics, religion, or conspiracies. The purpose of this thread is to discuss whether or not you believe that extra-terrestrial life exists, and your reasons for what you think. Lets try to keep this thread on topic please.

I don’t believe in contact with highly advanced extra terrestrials. I do believe there is other life out there, but I somehow doubt it’ll be intelligent or advanced.

i believe you two are aliens

Shit, he’s onto us.

lets eat his brains!

that’ll show em… puny humans! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I do to an extent I suppose.

However, if there’s any sense in the universe, they’re staying far away. And maybe bootlegging hollywood flicks.

And maybe bootlegging hollywood flicks.

That would explain allot :confused: lol

peace,
-nick

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk175/B3D00/SeriousCat.jpg

I actually am sure there’s life out there, but I don’t think it’s advanced.
I think all UFOs are either top secret army stuff or comets, or human made satellites.

good luck locating my brains, cuz they are tiny… hahahaha

um…Zombies aren’t aliens… :slight_smile:

They pointed the Hubble at a dark part of the sky, where there was no starlight to washout anything they’d see. They saw this

I can’t believe anyone who looks at this and understands what they are looking at can seriously think we are alone in the Universe.

Aliens that fly laser-shooting UFOs … Nah

I think it’s likely that there is some sort of other life form out there, but it’s probably just little insects or bacteria

I take the possibility of life on other planets.
Though I doubt they’re any more intelligent or advanced than we are.

If the government really had alien artifacts they weren’t showing us, they would have quickly replicated the technology and had us exploring distant galaxies by now.
The human race is always looking for new ways to assert our superiority.

when i saw it, i thought why do we not have homes other than this one. i’m tired of this planet, it’s not fun anymore…

It would be awesome if we could settle the universe…

derailed…sorry

I’m not an alien.

seriously, I’M NOT AN ALIEN.

ok, just making that absolutely clear, pitiful humans.

don’t you mean “an alien, I am not” :slight_smile:

Please Note:
Since these kinds of threads are often derailed, let me make this clear now. This is not a thread to discuss politics, religion, or conspiracies. The purpose of this thread is to discuss whether or not you believe that extra-terrestrial life exists, and your reasons for what you think. Lets try to keep this thread on topic please.

Whoops!! sorry! i need to learn to read more goodly…

Exactly.

Check out the Hubble Ultra Deep Field image (similar to the one Orinoco posted). Focused on a tiny pinprick of the night sky, note that every single speck on that image is an entire galaxy. No human can properly understand the magnitude of the image, the human brain isnt advanced enough. But we get the general idea. :wink:

Basically, in such a enormous universe, there is no question at all in my mind that there are other forms of life out there. And yes, a lot of them would be more advanced (as they are in galaxys created before our own) or have just developed faster.

I dont however, take much interest in all the stupid ‘alien abduction’ storys. Its more likely the people who come up with these stories ate the wrong types of mushroom, rather than advanced extraterrestial life actually finding them intersting enough to abduct.

To understand further - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcBV-cXVWFw