I noticed that my renders tend to be a bit grey and blurry. (Using mainly EEVEE past few months).
I suspect the following factors could be a cause (not sure):
- Using Depth of field.
- Colors I use a usually not above the 0.7 saturation (HSV).
- Could it be that the default specularity 0.5 in of the principled shader is a bit to high?
- When using Filmic post-process is needed. I put the look usually on Medium High Contrast.
What I am trying to do:
- Post process. This is very difficult. It’s easy to break things. Barely have succesfull results with post-process actually. (Using often Levels in GIMP, best bet).
- Lowering the specularity to 0.33 of principled shader
- giving a tiny bit or metalness. The colors are a bit crispier.
- Avoid sheen.
- Avoid blur.
- In post I bump up a tiny tiny bit of saturation. (Forgive me).
Still I am not happy enough when I compare my renders with (for example) nice adds on Twitter (made by pixel pushers).
I want those crisply renders I see in those adds.