Do you need more moderators?

i get a few hours every night to play around, and this is my 2nd night on here, and there are no moderators online.

so i’ll probably have to wait until tmrw night for this thread to even post.

i’ve never been to a forum where it takes 10 posts to be signed off by a moderator. Wouldn’t it be easier to use a captcha when you sign up to the forum? I can’t help but wonder if this is the reason there are no moderators on the forum.

I’ll graciously extend an olive branch to Blenderpartists and volunteer for a moderator spot. While i’ve never been a moderator, i’ve certainly been banned by a bunch of them.

Until next time frriends

While helpful, captcha isn’t full-proof, either. There’s been discussions in the past about reducing the approved post count, but nothing has materialized from them to this point. It may be worth re-opening the conversation, though.

Ha! Not exactly a ringing endorsement :wink:

Personally I have no problem with the 10 post restriction. I have watched a number of good forums destroyed by spam.

No one who has been a moderator wants to be a moderator. If there is a BA moderator who disagrees, I would like to know and ask about the medication they’re using.

I try my best elsewhere and being a moderator means getting called with all kinds of names, how bad I am as a person or how I’m destroying the community. That is when merely informing about the rules or suggesting to behave differently with “please” in the sentence, not to mention times when using moderation privileges to force the issue. That’s how glamorous it is.

that’s because you have 1300 posts and don’t understand the pain of waiting three days to get help.

My solution is that if someone signs up; they can opt to send a moderator a 25-50 word essay on how they will be a good forum member and obey all the rules. or have a quiz for the rules. and then gift them 10 forum posts as a reward. And you can make me a moderator that just bans people and we’ll keep a log where i ridicule them before the ban hammer, IP style.

No one who has been a moderator wants to be a moderator. If there is a BA moderator who disagrees, I would like to know and ask about the medication they’re using.

I try my best elsewhere and being a moderator means getting called with all kinds of names, how bad I am as a person or how I’m destroying the community. That is when merely informing about the rules or suggesting to behave differently with “please” in the sentence, not to mention times when using moderation privileges to force the issue. That’s how glamorous it is.

what is going on with this black stuff around my words, i copy and paste something it does this.

Anyway, you’re completely wrong. People only hate moderators on power trips, mods who don’t have a sense of humor and mods who can’t tell the difference between satire and trolling.

If you’re getting heat for being a moderator, its not because you’re a moderator, its because you’re a terrible person. do everyone a favor and chill out. Take care of the trash, and stop jumping all over the small stuff. -signed everyone

I rest my case.

10 post rule? 10 posts a day… a week…a month?
PS: I can’t create a thread, why, I haven’t created a thread in over a week :frowning:

New users with a post count below 10 may find their posts are automatically held pending review by a moderator. This lets the mods separate genuine new users from the spammers.

What you experienced was new Contest threads require moderator approval, they aren’t immediately made public.

Nothing is in a nut shell as Derp says.
What happened ? Got some rebuke?
Your a strong argument against democracy.

To my knowledge, there seems to be one at least one mod or administrator on this forum when I’m here more often then not.

Usually when they’re not here, it’s on times of day where the forum is pretty quiet in general (activity really tends to die down past 6 PM Central Time here after the sun sets on Europe and is not rising yet in Australia and New Zealand, and there’s not a whole lot of evening activity from the Americas either).

you can be sure that if they wanted mods they would ask the community (probably via PMs to selected individuals who have (a) a clean record (b) are active users © who have experience (preferably)

If I was looking for more mods I would certainly go for the best on the forums… not some dude who expresses the desire to become a mod while he has only a 12 post count and barely knows how to rotate the cube in blender :stuck_out_tongue: (no offence n00bies… we all love you, and your post count won’t always be 12, and your cube-rotating abilities will mature in time :smiley: )

my two cents…
cheers,
G

Im a moderator for Tankionline im the highest rank for tank design and fourm moderator and some times chat moderator and its pretty fun you guys should tyr it…:yes:

Can I be a Mod…