do you think i would get sued

i was thinking of this idea of a game called religon fighter it is just like street fighter or mortal kombat but you are all different religons fighting for the top religon i was thinking of having like jesus, moses and others and i was wandering if you think that would be a good idea or do you think to many people would get mad. I just think it would be funny to see them all fight i dont hate any religons or anything i just thought it would be funny

It would be cool!

Just don’t walk into a church or something talking about it, and warn all people here who are religeous.

ok thanks :smiley:

it’s always good to have a sense of humor about things like that. :smiley:

No, you won’t get sued. It will probably anger some people. I don’t know what exactly you mean by “top religion”, but that phrase alone has started wars.

Could you get sued? Sure you could get sued. In the U.S. anyway, you can be sued for just about anything. A judge might deem it a frivolous lawsuit … or it might not. You can’t worry too much about getting sued. I might be a little more worried about some religious fanatics. Doesn’t mean I don’t think it wouldn’t be funny.

When I was 17 I wrote a play called “My Son, the Savior”. It was funny too. But it did get some people terribly upset. As a naive kid, I just wanted to “humanize” God, Jesus, and other Biblical characters. As I got older, it didn’t seem as clever as I once thought it was. :wink:

I wouldn’t use Jesus, just a word of advice. Other prophets may be good and church leaders would be good. I wouldn’t bloody them up eithier. Use some creative way of damage.

You won’t get sued cause it’s more or less a pretty original idea. Although it’ll be extremely controversial.

:expressionless: Personally I wouldn’t want to see Jesus beating up Moses or vice versa. It kind of goes against everything they stand for.

Jason Lin

would the catholic prest’s super move be called ‘sodimize’??? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

some guy made a game called ethnic clensing, its a bit like GTA3, but all you have to do is kill radical stereotypes of anyone who isnt white. i dont think it sold to well.

that is a good idea for a move lol for the preist i have this good move for god that he makes a person and the person goes up and does a 4 hit combo then disapears and i was also going to have satan really really strong but slow and jesus really really fast but weak and i didn’t decide the rest yet

instead of having it as “fight for top religon” why not make it just a themed fighting game. and the goal just to beat all other characters
jesus kung fu
budda sumo
bloke with many arms really fast boxer
:stuck_out_tongue:

yeah…good idea, put all the gods u found, maybe look at greek and nordik mythology…and don’t forget satan too.
you won’t get sued, it just illustrate how humans are silly and dumb ass, fighting in their gods’s names, and killing people because thei’r the “good” side or for others pitifull reasons. (no, i’m not talking about some us ppls :D).

A while ago some big game studio made a game with muslims who could turn churches into mosques. It sparked so much anger they were forced to change the game.

Here’s the trouble with that. The church leaders don’t much matter, but if you use Jesus, or make fun of God in any way, it’s called blasphemy. Everyone’s told you that he’s not real and they’ll answer for it. Is it worth it though? Sell your soul for a joke. Even Judas got 30 dollars.

well, even if u do blasphemy, by making fun with representation of gods fighting, u won’t go burning in the eternal hell for that :slight_smile: if u’r a good person, with a sense of morality and u don’t kill/abuse ppl…it’s ok.
if god exist i think he could understand that it’s “just for fun”, it’s a game obviously…
…and if he can’t understand, well i don’t see the point to believing in such a “guy”, thats all.

you could put in a baptist minister that speaks in tongues and throws bibles, and like stuff like that.

RonC

Uh oh, am I going to get sucked into a religious debate here?

if u’r a good person, with a sense of morality and u don’t kill/abuse ppl…it’s ok.

Sorry, but going with religion (christian view) that’s not enough to get you into heaven. You see virtually no one doesn’t do anything bad. We’ve all done something wrong (big or small) at least once in our lifetime. Since God, is all perfect, only perfect people can go to heaven. Since no one is perfect, except for Jesus, he died for us so that we could be cleansed of our sins and go to heaven.

Basically it’s like this, Jesus is perfect. So imagine God looking at someone who doesn’t believe in Jesus he’ll see all the sin he’s comitted so he won’t be able to go to heaven. For a person that believes in Jesus, he looks through sunglasses (Jesus being the sunglasses) and sees us as pure through Jesus, like a filter, so that person would go to heaven.

Yeah, there’s a whole bunch of other things also, but that’s the main point up there.

Jason Lin

well, even if u do blasphemy, by making fun with representation of gods fighting, u won’t go burning in the eternal hell for that icon_smile.gif if u’r a good person, with a sense of morality and u don’t kill/abuse ppl…it’s ok.
if god exist i think he could understand that it’s “just for fun”, it’s a game obviously…
…and if he can’t understand, well i don’t see the point to believing in such a “guy”, thats all.

It’s your choice and you can make up your own God or whatever you want to do, but some of us just come here to relax and don’t want to hear what we believe get trashed. I believe in freedom of speech and all that, and if that’s what you want to do, do it. Only not here please.

ok no problem, my intentions weren’t to trash anything or so…
but the topic itself is a bit off-topic and is bound to generate discussion of it’s type, and i don’t think it is frustrating/unrelaxing to hear what other ppls have to say…
anyway no offense

I’d like the idea of a 3d street fighter(specially a comunity made one) like game, but I’d recommend leave the religion them apart…I think the efforts must go on integrating…and people use to be very picky about their religion… so that would not very good for that…