Do you think the undo system will get updated?

Hi !

I am currently working on large scenes, and it’s impossible to work with global undo. I have to turn it off to be able to work without waiting 5 seconds per literally any action, even a simple click. I turn it on when I’m working in edit mode or pose mode, but even then it’s really annoying. I always optimize my files with super organized collections, use simplify and all that, and it’s just that below a certain scene complexity threshold, blender undo goes bananas.

Not to mention that if I accidentally use ctrl + z with global undo off, all changes will get rolled back without the ability to redo, and the auto-save system just loves to make a save at the exact time I do this. Why isn’t there an option to have more than 1 auto-save in temp appdata folder ?

Anyway, just a little rant. 3ds max never had a single issue doing undo when I had huge industrial scenes in place. I am not a programmer and I understand that it might be more complicated to change, but damn it’s so slow !

The free PowerSave add-on gives you versioned save states and lets you set however many auto-saves you want, as well as the auto-save interval

1 Like

It’s a perfect plugin ! Thank you. Wish I knew about it long time ago :smiley:
I wonder though why there isn’t an option already by default just asking how much incrementations do you need under the time interval.

2 Likes