Dödens lek (The game of death)

Lol. I didn’t mean I’m afraid of the dark. I meant more afraid of what you can’t see is sometimes scarier than what you can. Imagine you’re in a place of Total darkness. You hear something, but have no idea what it is.
And I wasn’t insulting you. I clearly said the model, and your perception on Death were both great.

Alright, since there seems to be no serious criticism I started unwrapping him. Still need to puzzle it together, but we are getting there. Exciting isn’t it :smiley:
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/4387/aaaaaae.png
EDIT: Just notcied there is a hole in his dress, need to fix that…

Reminds me of The Horned King from The Prydain Chronicles.

Good observation, yes I had that guy at the back of my mind during the concept design phase. :wink:

hehehe, Good filme from lucas arts you mean? or great film from george lucas or you probably didnt understand what I said! I love the cinema, what I ment was they created technologies that didnt existed on the time and brought from the movies a lot of new things,without george lucas the cinema would be very diferent from what is now, the same for james cameron and some other less know directors that changed the way the movies are done. But aniway I just gave my oppinion about your comment just that, and I really like that nerd stuff! I want to be darth vader yet, hehe.

@ turbomonkey Don’t worry.Gudra seems a bit easily offended by too much things in life that doesn’t suit his own vision.Hopefully in time he will learn to perceive things in a more social friendly way.Then again he may not.It’s just his character or upbringing.I don’t know.All that the community here asked him is to think a bit about others before blatantly impose his oppinion.He just seems too full of himself and being full is very hard to accept anything new.There is just no space.

@Gudra About your work.I’m sorry to hear you lost the work on Tom Bombadil.I guess you’ve already got the idea,but keep a backup copy on another pc or at some of the free services like google docs. About the death.I can’t see very clear but I think hands should be made more bone like.I mean adding a few loop cuts in mid section and scaling it down.Just check any sceletal referense and you will see it.I like the antlers,but make them just a tad bit different,not mirrored.The other thing I think is wrong with them is on the side view you need to rotate them a bit to the front so not all of the weight of the “branches” is to the back.I hope you understand what I mean.About your “darkness” statement.I personally know just a few people that are NOT affraid of the dark.This is something build-in in us,as primates.And I’m not talking about some dark basement or street here.Try and go amidst a forest in a moonless night ,far from the city and switch off ALL lights.This is darkness.And that type of darkness our mind fills with undescribable but too easily imagined scarry things.That I think your commenters meant by voidless darkness filling deaths cowl.Surely it’s not the darkness itself that is scarry,it’s our minds keeping us alert,filling it with premonitions.

No i think the hands are ok, anyway changes are too late now. I have already unwrapped him, and I WON’T do it again :stuck_out_tongue:

not mirrored

Antlers are like eyes and ears, they are identical…

a forest in a moonless night

Not scary, I live right next to a forest and have many times camped out there in the dark. Sure there are a lot of noises out there at night, but one feels more safe there than on a dark street. MUCH safer!

Now I have unwrapped him, time to start painting. I’m too lazy to do it today though, so if anyone wants to have a go at it let me know. I can upload the model and the texture for you.

Looking good Gudra! I’m watching this for more progress, sorry for the computer crash, and good luck!

Nice low poly modeling.
i kind of suck atmodrling, but has plans to master it for various purposes.

Is that the finished model?

Short answer yes, what would you like to add to it?

Just reading this thread it seems that you like to ask for “constructive criticism”, yet you never accept it as legitimate when you get it. Goh had a good point, the hands could use some work. Just keep in mind that what you consider scary may not be scary to everyone else and visa versa. I think darkness under the hood is much more interesting and intriguing than simply a skeleton head, which seems kinda corny. I think the antlers are an awesome idea though it fits since antlers are usually associated with “the hunt” and death is “hunting” for souls.

If I would remove the skull he would look like a nazgul. Almost exactly like a nazgul, also the sith in star wars also got the no face dark coat look to them. The skull makes it clear to the player it’s not a sith or a nazgul under the hood…or a human. Anyway I started on the texture. Half through phase 1, painting in blender. When I have painted in blender I can show you screen before it’s time to go into photoshop. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Have to say he is starting to look quite EPIC xD

Some characteristics, he seems like a pretty boring and empty model right now. It misses detail.
http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Richmedia/Image/NewsArticle/dantes-inferno-death-news-article-uk_656x369.jpg?ver=643_en_GB
Neckless, open ribcase, bone’s sticking out of his cloth… Pretty much anything would do.

The texture adds A LOT to him, maybe one could add to his “noble undead lord look”. By giving him some kind of artifact, not sure what that would be though. Maybe he could be holding a book or have a ring or something.

Adding a book is a nice idea :slight_smile:

lol…actualy ROFL :slight_smile: I kinda knew I was wasting my breath on this.You know…my grandfather once told me: “Never argue with a fool.He brings you down to his level and beats you up because of a better experience”. I’m NOT implying that Gudra is a fool.Just the pointless conversation remined me of that.
Keep up your work Gudra,and I wish you best of luck.I will never ever read your posts or threads,sorry.Take care.

my grandfather once told me: "Never argue with a fool.He brings you down to his level

Your grandfather was wise, except a fool can easily be beaten by a non fool…why can’t you beat me? Ok phase 1 is complete, I have painted him in blender still haven’t opened photoshop. Check first post for screen…

EDIT: Haven’t touched antlers yet…

Just for the sake of argument, a ‘fool’, or idiot, usually doesn’t realize or reconize when he is beaten (I’m not implying anyone is a fool here btw :D)

Nice texture, it looks good on the model. It does look a bit to mirrored though :wink:

Nice texture, it looks good on the model. It does look a bit to mirrored though

Wouldn’t it be logical that if the model is mirrored the texture should be mirrored too? I’m soon gonna put some photos on there with a nice normal map and it will look “next gen”…:wink:

Maybe it would be possible to use this photo:
http://www.mq.se/upload/a%20blogg/Lousie/cape1.jpg
Use the texture of that for the robe…that way it will look next gen…