Dodge Viper 2013

Looks very nice so far. I’m currently modelling a viper too!

How did you modell the stitching?!?! :slight_smile:

the difference between a free, and $3000 dollar app. I learned on a cad app, then moved to blender, so im sort of attatched to blender personally. i f i had the same level of knowledge i do of 3ds as i do of blender i would be all over it.

Nice start there Thornton ,it looks like this will take some time with so much detail ,cool,
As for max or maya iv tryed them both ,you need a degree to understand them .i have modo501 that is
nearly as bad ,blender a free app awsome .i also use zbrush vue 11 infinate great apps .
soorry thornton lets get back to the viper .get on with it :smiley:

i know it’s odd to ask but how are you starting from the interiors? , isn’t starting from the exteriors and then coming to the interiors an easy job? but other then that, very nice detail.

i agree. but a part is a part regardless. the steering wheel and everything else is built to scale. so interior then out, or out then in, its all to scale so it shouldnt matter what order i go in. if things intersect than it is because something is not to scale, not because the model was done in the wrong order.

Great so far, hurry up and post more updates

will do. sculpting the shift knob today.

i got the shift knob done but the leather around the base is proving very difficult. might need to hold off till i get a wacom on that one.

Sculpt shiftknob? it is easy as hell to model.

the leather wrinkles, sculpt the leather wrinkles. its a royal B****. and dont tell me its easy cuz most of the leather sculpts ive seen for shifters on these forums before where all wrong. im looking at pictures of how the leather looks when it is seated in first gear and in neutral, but without a wacom it is really hard to make look right.

With this high level of detail it makes me wonder why you do not already have a wascom.
I have the middle size ,i dont have to move my hand so much easier to use .
As for the model if you keep the whole model to this high standard i think your poly count will go through
the roof .Can blender handle this ? .Awsome work so far ,cant wait to see more .
Cheers Ralph

yeah i was also wondering that if you were to sculpt the wrinkles of every interior leather part(which i suppose there would be many) how would you manage le poly count?

Smartarse comment was smartarse…

there is only ONE piece of leather with wrinkles in the ENTIRE int, and it is the leather around the base of the shifter.

Yeah yeah, i know, i should have a wacom right now, but it really is theft. C’mon, 200 dollars for a 7x9 inch work space. its pathetic. ive been trying to hold out till i can buy myself the one with the screen and set it up as a fourth monitor duplicating my second. I might just give in cuz i have an organic project i prommised someone i would do a LONG time ago also.

ENOUGH ABOUT HOW EASY THE SHIFT KNOB IS!!! the KNOB, yes, the leather bump, yes, the soft leather around the base, not quite so much! Like i said. i have seen a lot of people try and model the leather around the base, and it all looks FAKE! im going for photo realism inside and out, and ill find a way to make it happen, but im not sure how long it will take me.

Hi Thorton, Just have fun doing it ,i started a lambo and having fun.

im having fun, doesnt mean its not frustrating as ill get out. i might resort to the cloth modifier and see if i can make it that way.

Here is an update. i havent gotten around to making the intersect for the shift knob numbers, but here is what i have. hope you like

wow! you are going with micro level of detail right there, awesome work. and you can use the cloth modifier too, it has a leather preset and stuff.

Thank you.
I figured. i havent played around with it too much, thank you.

I will git the leather around the bottom worked out tomorrow at some point (well, technically later today since its 1 am here, but you get my point)

I was going to say nice knob ,but that sounds peverse ,so exelent work on the knob:D