Does making objects "End Object" speed up the Fps's in the game?

After certain places, i end my unnecessary objects by doing “end object”. I’m thinking that will speed my game up, but i’m not 100% sure. Could someone enlighten me please?

Yes, but do not use it as a substitute to LOD. while removing an object will unload polygons to make the scene easier to render, the action of ending an object itself takes time

1 Like

Substitute to LOD? You mean decimate or something? Can you show an example please?

No, he was replying to your earlier post.
He’s saying that you shouldn’t use adding or deleting objects as a substitute to using LODs.
And he’s correct.

1 Like

a general rule of thumb is yes, less objects means less to process and thus more fps.

the issue is python, since its comparatively quite slow in running code, using it on many objects to calculate distances to add and remove objects similar to a LOD is not a good solution. the LOD system built into upbge is a different kind of code that is many orders of magnitude faster.

but simply using it to clean up bullets and things after use is ideal, yes

1 Like

Thank you very much guys.

hi LOD is a system for detailing objects at a distance from the active camera in the scene - this system is built into UPBGE and written in C++ it works fast enough to remove the load from detailed objects - but there is one nuance when the LOD is generated you need to apply the approximation modifier in the LOD model otherwise you will get graphic bugs-not the correct replacement of the LOD model or a critical drop in FPS

1 Like

LOD is generated in a panel to select the level of detail and the right of the pane to add click on the triangle and choose to generate for your chosen model blender will do the LOD in the form of two models, you can make LOD for each distance by adjusting the values of the parameters of the modifiers of the approximation and adding new levels of LOD for the model

1 Like