Does the Video Sequence Editor expose an API?

Does the VSE expose an API? Is it scriptable via Python?

I’d like to automate tasks like: SPACE > Add Sequence Strip > Movie to channel 1, then add an image to channel 2 at offset 8 seconds. Then add Effect Alpha Overlay at offset 8 sec for 5 secs - etc. Is this possible?

The best hint into that direction was that apparently the doSequence button is triggerable via Python. Now: Is the rest? And/Or: Is there a tool/script that “records a macro”, so I can peek into what blender internally does/ which commands are used?

see the source code for the api, or if you don’t have patch login, see SVN trunk/blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/sceneSequence.c

winrunner records macros. might be an os equivalent now.

Thanks so far. Currently I am digging through the sceneSequence code - being no Python coder, I hoped for a bit of documentation… Anyway.

The WinRunner hint might be of use for someone else, but I am too little of a Win32 nerd to know what it actually does or how it can help me. What I had in mind was more like a Blender-Python-Script, that once run inside blender, just like the Interactive Python Shell, spits out the current internal commands as they arrive, i.e. when I click buttons etc.

Thanks so far. Currently I am digging through the sceneSequence code - being no Python coder, I hoped for a bit of documentation… Anyway.

The WinRunner hint might be of use for someone else, but I am too little of a Win32 nerd to know what it actually does or how it can help me. What I had in mind was more like a Blender-Python-Script, that once run inside blender, just like the Interactive Python Shell, spits out the current internal commands as they arrive, i.e. when I click buttons etc.

Not being a Python coder, currently I am still trying to figure out what the sceneSequence code tells me…

Anyway, the WinRunner hint is not of so much help to me. Isn’t there a Blender-native Python-script that does such logging (for example in the Interactive Shell Script), or at least a trick to let Blender spit out all actions/internal commands on the console?

How can i use these API functions from python in blender, as there is no module for BPy_Sequence? I would love being able to use them

The soucecode is still a bit of a mystery to me, so the reply to loolarge’s note might be of help to me…
At least I have managed to get control over the renderer via the Render and RenderData API - still digging around. Any hints into the direction of an “internal control logger”?

Update
I had a breakthrough, with the help of this thread!

This is insanely awesome!