Does this mean blender has finished rendering?

It’s my first time rendering an animation and somehow the tutorial I was following didn’t show how things would look like when blender finishes rendering. So I have this on top of the upper left corner: https://imgur.com/a/Kwfx8ox
Does this mean blender has finished rendering? Even though I am rendering with eevee it took a really long time(around 8 hours, I have an awful computer) so I don’t want to mess anything up. I didn’t see anything like ‘‘rendering has finished’’ so I don’t know if I can close the rendering tab and proceed. Frame 485 is the last frame btw.
And also my file format is OpenEXR

Yes, all 485 frames are rendered :slight_smile: I’m confused how it took 8 hours, if one frame took 16 seconds the whole thing should have only taken two hours. I think this has been done rendering for longer than you’d think

1 Like

Ooooooh XD I thought it has been rendering this whole time then! I kept my computer open for no reaon at all :smiley: I am laughing so hard at myself right now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Haha no worries I’ve made the same mistake before :sweat_smile: it would be nice if there was some kind of a notification when rendering is done, I usually just see how long the first frame takes, multiply by the number of frames, and set a timer for that long. It’s usually within 30 seconds of being done at that point

I personally would love for the progress indicator to be much more obvious, and to include the option (perhaps a user setting) of displaying an “OK” dialog box when the render is completed.

Another way to do it would be to pop-up a modeless-dialog window which clearly shows the progress, then close that window as an indication that the render is complete.

Definitely room for developers to improve things here.

2 Likes