Does UPBGE support VR game creation through Blender?

Greetings all! Can UPBGE support games made for VR? The 2.9 I’m using currently has support to preview in VR, but I’m looking to make a game in Blender for VR. If anyone has been successful at it already, please share! Thanks.

Not yet, all that is exposed by the XR session atm is the pos/rot of the camera, but a patch was recently submitted to add vr controller / Vive handle support

1 Like

Great update. Thanks for the insight!

There has been a merge into a branch, vr_includes wrapping controllers and binding actions, it only works in embedded atm

I have a build for win64 from a while back if you need it

1 Like

here is a build of upbge with VR from july 6th

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14O4_htwOqN8VaeYQiUfh3AWAsIW-7VRK

Thanks you!

1 Like

Welcome btw!

I am trying to get access to a vive controller with upbge / python. I tried the “Wrectified_VR” blendfile with the “Release_vr_july_6” build. But I am not able to get it to work.
If I do “Start VR Session” and then “Embedded Start” in the Game Engine, I just get a flickery screen. And if I just run “Embedded Start”, I don’t have any controlls.
Can you give me a hint, how you got this to work?

make sure you are using ‘use viewport render’

1 Like

thx, got it to work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Jacob, I would like to experiment with the latest xr-controller-support build and the latest upbge build together.

Can I ask you, how you got your merged build (Release_vr_july_6)? Is ther a way to merge these two together?