DOF help

okay. i finally got DOF to work. but i woukd like to know how to make it more realistic. is that too much blur?

i’m just worried about the DOF right now. i’ll fix the rest later.
any help would be appreciated.

http://www.freewebs.com/catfishsinker/websalbum.htm

Is this blur in Yafry or Blender?

If it is in yafray, the only way to deal with it is to crank the samples up. I really wish that they hadn’t taken out the old blur, it was so much faster and looked pretty sweet.

jeese…after 20 minutes of downloading…

you did it in blender with mblur or maybe zblur but regardless use 16 osa, which will automatically use 16 mblur samples and then enable gaussian. This should make it pretty nice although then your DOF will be better than your modeling and scene setup…

my advice is to go with yafray and use 20 samples with 20 minimum passes for .1 aparature…

keep it up! :wink:

yeah i used blender to do it. i used the tutorial on this site.
i haven’t tried yafray yet but i would like to.

thanks for the feedback. :smiley:

The spinning camera trick? Please say it isn’t so…It really sucks as a method to create dof – and it takes up to 16x the amount of time. Use Zblur instead…

Someone should make a tutorial on how to Zblur and use yafray so us newBs aren’t stuck trying to make spinning circles %|

i was wondering if there was a better way to do this. thaat scene took almost 2 hours!

if anybody knows of a tutorial for Zblur, that would be great.

Ask, and your wish shall be granted :stuck_out_tongue:

Tute:

https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32750

ever here of thing called elysiun.com?

also the yafray trick…what trick there is nothing to it! just turn yafray on set you scene up with proper yafray lighting and then select an illumination method then select your cam and select show limits then go to Yafray DOF panel and set the aparature to .1 and the distance to where you want the focus then go to Yafray Panel and disable the Auto AA and set it yourself by selecting 20x20 and then render away! yafray DOF is the best but it works good enough…

Z-blur is nice and easy. Caronte’s method is worth a shot too. But is kind of complicated to understand. But it renders very fast and no plug-ins requered

thank yo so much [email protected] Zblur is awesome!

here is a pic with zblur. this only took 2 min. to render. the spinning camera thing took about 2 hours. the results are better too. :smiley:

http://www.freewebs.com/catfishsinker/websalbum.htm

ever here of thing called elysiun.com?

also the yafray trick…what trick there is nothing to it! just turn yafray on set you scene up with proper yafray lighting and then select an illumination method then select your cam and select show limits then go to Yafray DOF panel and set the aparature to .1 and the distance to where you want the focus then go to Yafray Panel and disable the Auto AA and set it yourself by selecting 20x20 and then render away! yafray DOF is the best but it works good enough…[/quote]

Again, be careful what you say – Im sure you are confusing some people right about now…this is NOT yafray, when have you ever seen a yafray tutorial that uses the blender sequence editor? Yafray DOF renders take hours because you have to set the AA so damn high, the Zblur plugin will render in about 10-15 seconds.

Also, care to elaborate on the “Ever hear a thing called elysiun.com” statement? Im totally baffled by this. what do you mean? Since I’m in the process of using Elysiun.com right now, I think it would be fair to assume I have heard of it, don’t you think? :stuck_out_tongue:

Catfish:

Nice. That really does look a lot better