DOF Tutorial - different version of blender? - aaah

(code_astro) #1

Hi everyone,

I was trying to get the DOF working using the following tutorial: http://download.blender.org/documentation/html/x6479.html

…however, what do I do when I get to the IPO and IPO speed section?
I dont have the buttons its tells me to press…so, Im a bit stuck.

I have managed to get everything linked up and if I press ALT+a, I get to see my camera flying around my circle…but obviously its rather slow…unless I can get the speed working (I presume).

Can anyone help me?

I got the speed thing sorted, but my curve gets in the way so I lose half my image…:S

(code_astro) #2

its going mental now…

1. I get my NURBS circle there and have it track the empty…
  2. I parent my camera to the NURBS circle and the camera flips all over the place. (and moves really far away from the circle, so I lose my camera set up)
  3. I cant adjust the IPO as stated in the tutorial as I dont have any new buttons appear in the animation window :-?

what on earth is going on?

(Laurifer) #3

First, this is not, in my opinion, the best way to do DOF. Search for the ZBlur plugin here.

But anyway, about your questions. :slight_smile:

1. You dont track the NURBS to the empty, you track the camera to the empty.

2. Take a look at this video tutorial (Paths and Dupliframes): http://blender3d.com/cms/Advanced_Tools.418.0.html. Basically, you have to play with the axis. In the object buttons (F7) there is a button called Axis. Turning that on will allow you to see the axis, its not necessary, but makes the job easier. Then play with the Up and Track axis, which are explained better in the tutorial. Pressing Alt+O (clear origin) with the camera selected will move the camera to the NURBS.

3. The setup is just a bit different. TAB into edit mode in the IPO window with the curve selected and select one vertex and hit N. That will bring up a transformation menu where you can type in the values. Then in the Curve menu you will see options to make it linear and cyclic.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

-Laurifer

(code_astro) #4

Laurifer: Thank you so much! just tried the zblur and it is excellent :slight_smile:

(code_astro) #5

sorry for asking this…is there a way to get blur at the back of the image aswell?

(Marty_D) #6

The z-blur field is a sphere (if I’m not talking out of my hat (and I am)). So the distance you set from the point of focus is the range of the field. If the back is further away then the effect it’ll blur.

(code_astro) #7

ok, cool…Ill have to play around and experiment. Thank you :slight_smile: