Doña Oliva Apartment

featured

(Scoped) #1

My first “big” commercial project. I was responsible for designing an apartment at a reasonable price with a contemporary feel to it. All the work was done in Blender and rendered with Cycles. Render times were usually around 3-4 hours per image on a single GTX 1070.

Link to the project on Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/b6Ozr

Enjoy!

(HelmyArdiansyah) #2

Really top notch! The image quality is superior considering they are rendered in cycles. Care to share some render and lighting settings?

(alf0) #3

this is really amazing !!!

(GarageFarm.NET) #4

hats off…

Featured prediction :slight_smile:

Jarek D (DJ)

(Magogg) #5

Yeah!!
Great work! Compliment!!

Can I ask you some information about the curtain shader please?

Tnx a lot!

(Scoped) #6

Thanks a lot, I’m glad you like it! Lighting consists mostly of an HDRI and ambient occlusion enabled in the world panel (didn’t even tweak it). I also used portal lamps to get rid of the noise.

Here are my render settings:

render%20settings

(Scoped) #7

Thanks mate! Curtains are simply a fabric material from Poliigon. However, for those white ones I used the Light Path node and made it look non-transparent for the camera.

(SunBurn) #8

Very nice results here!

The AO “hack” is working nice in your scene, the only place that I could spot it was in the bedroom lamp, but maybe is just an illusion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Scoped) #9

The client wanted me to additionally render the entire apartment from the top and I decided to share the result with you. I hope you like it!

(Jason van Gumster) #10

Guess what? You’re #featured!

(Marek_H) #11

Beautiful!

(Dimitar) #12

Excellent work! Nice DoF effect as well :slight_smile:

I’m curious about your lighting set-up and exposure settings. Are these images rendered with a sun light only and with area portal lights along the windows? Or HDRI? Or with another kind of set-up? Also, I imagine the glass material allows for complete light to come through? What scene exposure settings did you use and which filmic (or other) preset is active?

Also curious where you got the plants from as they look great.

Cheers!

(Scoped) #13

Thank you! I’m honored :slight_smile:

(Scoped) #14

Thanks mate, glad you like it. Lighting is an HDRI (no sun lamps) with portal lamps in every window. Glass material is some crazy vector math that is using a transparent shader to fake caustics. Can’t remember where I learned it but it’s not hard to find online. Exposure varied from room to room but it was usually from +3 to +4,5. And you’re right, it’s filmic with base contrast.

EDIT. Almost forgot about the plants… They are mostly from Chocofur store.

(cekuhnen) #15

@Scoped

Interesting you mainly used an HDRI and portal lights.

Pretty stunning results!

(mafster) #16

Great renders! :slight_smile:

(Richard Terry) #17

Holy smokes! This is some fine work here, amazing.

(Dalai Felinto) #18

Beautiful work. Anything special for the fisheye shot, or just the Cycles panorama equisolid option?

(dannysv) #19

really nice shots!
Nice consistency in style

(Okavango) #20

Excellent work.