donate BGE new features!

@felinto
Cegui is a right gui system, but without worry about if the cegui project is stopped it seem better choice Blender gui system. This is possible use blender gui in BGE as in blender via python like (from Blender import Draw, BGL)?

You know I think features are the lest of our worries, and in time they will start to take care of themselves.

Think about it, what we want to use BGE for is to make games. Sure some work on the core engine might be needed but in all reality features are only needed when the game project calls for it. So if we have developers working of games the features will take care of themselves. If we want more features then all we need is more people making games using BGE. This leads to the question “Why aren’t developers using BGE then?”

A much bigger problem I see with BGE is that it’s hard to make games with it because of the stagnated documentation on the game engine. One of the Twilight 22 guys said that they where having a hard time with the engine because it was not as well documented as it should be. That tells me that Developers aren’t interested in features as much as they are in documentation on features.

So to me a much bigger and more impotent job, currently, is documentation on the blender game engine.

I think part of the reason a lot people aren’t using the BGE, is, the BGE is pretty weak performance wise, needs an overhaul, there are way better engines out there. OGRE, Crystal Space, Ilrichit to name a few free ones. Maybe making integration with existing engines would be better, in the long run, as their existing community take care of the updates. I can’t see the BGE evolving as rapidly as Blender.

Hi I`m edited a fist post and put together the requested features add some links and infos about it.
Please Administrator add this thread to sticky and maybe put this info in blender BGE wiki too.

@JohnnyThunder, current documentation situation is not great, but this isn’t specific to the game engine,

Its not a case where we get docs OR features, we can have both, The cool thing about docs is you dont need to be a developer to write them :D, so if anyone wants to write docs they can start by filling in the gaps with beginner docs, when they have questions they can ask devs.

• On a side note I recently spent quite some time to ensure the BGE API reference docs were complete, buy writing a script that validates our current epy docs against Game Engine types and modules, some volunteers also helped document areas that previously had no docs. - So even tho this is reference docs its getting better.

Everyone knows we need docs, AFAIK people who want to help do so, having more people write docs would be cool too.

I was just noting my concern that Docs are more important then features, at lest with the current state of BGE.

hi again, after was successful the dynamic loading loading donated project
We are ready to voting some new features? lets get start :slight_smile:
I’m ready for donating and you?

I will create a new thread for poll soon…