Donut Icing Seems To Deform When I Move One Vertex

I was following the Blender donut tutorial by Blender Guru, and on the third part, I try to follow how to model the icing. When I try to move a vertex anywhere, the mesh seems to deform oddly like this:

I think I have followed all of the steps, so I don’t know what’s the problem that is causing this. You can also notice that in the scene collection, you could see that there are multiple objects named, “Icing.” I have tried to model the icing multiple times, so that’s why there are multiple icing objects. Is there a solution to why the mesh is deformed, and is there a fix for this?

A couple of things…

1. Hide the unused Icing in the viewport to stop any artifacts from Duplicate meshes interacting…Use the Filter( funnel shape) in the Outliner and add a Screen Icon…turn them off for each icing you need to hide…
  2. You have set the Solidify to a positive number which will enter the doughnut instead of expanding outward ( negative number )… I don’t know if Guru set it this way in the Tut…
  3. When you say Move a Vertex you do mean in EDIT mode with a single vertex selected ??? As you show you are in object mode and moving the complete icing which will show this result, the icing entering the doughnut and slightly offset from the center.
    In edit mode, it with one vertex selected it looks like this.

( I have never watched the tutorial so I don’t know all of his steps ( Guess I need to watch it as there are tons of ??? about it )

EDIT! … Just in the process of watching the Icing Build and at 5:10 into it he mentions something that some people might have done and that was to duplicate the top half of the mesh, and R-Clicked and then clicked a vertex or something which gives a mesh intersecting another mesh…and to fix this in edit mode you select a vertex and the then Ctrl + L will select all the connected verticies and then you can hit P, and separate by Selection…Maybe that is what happened on your icing…