DooM 1 map HD remake

Hello,

do you guys remember this map from the good old days?

I took the challenge to remake it in 3d, and though the result isn’t extraordinary, I think it’s worth posting it here :slight_smile:

At first I wanted to create the bases in Blender and export them to Terragen for the final render, but it was simpler to just make everything in Blender, so I imported a ground from Terragen instead, then I sculpted it, trying to match the original as closely as possible. It took about 15 hours of work.

It wasn’t always fun to guess the details from such a low resolution image, and sometimes they don’t really make sense, I mean the details are not always possible in reality, and small adjustments were necessary.

Here are a few more screenshots:

6 Likes

2 Likes

Hello, I find your model of doom phobos’ surface wonderful and I would like to explore it, is there any download file of this model, you could share?

That’s pretty cool, brings back some memories! That game was a bit fast paced for me playing it as a kid.

Very well done, this is cool :slight_smile:

@Alexis_Mpaltatzis
Thanks :slight_smile: Unfortunately I cannot find the .blend file anymore :face_with_raised_eyebrow: … it surprises me because I don’t delete my project files. Even very old ones… if I find it again, I’ll upload it.

@ethicalfive
Me too, and I used only the keyboard at the time, so it was even more stressful. It was really scary and impressive for me as a kid! I loved it :smiley:

@TripTilt

LOL, this is wonderful. If you do find the blend file, and don’t mind sharing it, we are working on a model/texture replacement pack for Doom. It would be great to use your model for a high-res texture replacement.

Yes sure! If it could be useful to anyone I’d be glad :slight_smile: Just need to find it… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

After all these years, any luck of finding it? :smiley: