Double-Decker UV Islands?

Another vocabulary question. :nerd_face:

When making UV maps it’s generally considered best practice not to let the islands overlap. But there are exceptions, such as when two islands should always be showing the same texture – then the islands can be laid one on top of the other. Is there a specific proper name for that?

I dont know if it exists. I call them overlaping UV. Or shared texture’s coordinates.


Happy Blending!

1 Like

That’s what I used – hope you’re right! :+1:

1 Like