Doubled smoke/fire on render resoult

I’ve got strange problem with smoke smilation. In view port I see everything like it should be, but while rendering I get strange resoults. Fire is doubled on the other side of the domain (slightly deformed or from other frame).
I don’t have other modifyers on object with particle or domain. Any ideas ? I can make that again and maybe whitout problem, but’s better to know why things happen in case future problems :wink:

Here is the link to screenshot:
http://a.imageshack.us/img7/6623/screeniq.th.jpg

Smoke is generated as texture. So it’s beheave as any other texture. You have to setup texture as Clip.
(Texture > Voxel Data panel > Extension: Clip

I have two textures assigned to the domain, and both of their extensions are set to clip, but You’re right that is something wrong with texture. When I change between clip, repeat and extend, nothing happens.

. . . maybe post me the file.
But it can be also a bug. Once I had a file with offset texture even though all axis were zero and origin was in a center. Even though I deleted domain and placed a new one (with new smoke calculation) was smoke texture with offset. (Relatively easy to fix but it’s not a solution.)

Here’s my .blend file. Particle time and smoke resolution are smaller to bake faster, but problem is still there. I don’t know why file Is still around 20 MB even without baked and packed things.

http://www.paste all.org/blend/3462
Between paste and all is space, please delete it, because forum was blocking link.

Most strange thing is that second doubled fire/smoke looks different, not like copied.

• i will look closer
  • copied fire can looks differently because of angle view

OK, try to place a default cube (as Domain), change a size by scaling in OBJECT mode. Don’t apply scale function Ctrl+A

(You can scale Domain (Cube) in Edit Mode too, but only whole vertecies in all directions. I mean if you set back Scale to 1/1/1 in object mode, Dimension has to be a cuboid)

Ahhh thanks! It’s probably because of that I was messing around with vertecies in edit mode not in object mode. Good to know that because I would probably always make the same mistake :slight_smile:

Yeah, I did the same mistake. Usually if you work with textures and “object scale” (Ctrl+A) is not apply to 1, texture is deformed. It looks like smoke texture works differently.

Mostly I did two of these mistakes:

1 - smoke was rendered with offset

• be sure if an origin of domain is in a center

2 - texture was duplicated in render

• scale domain only in object mode
    (in edit mode only in all axis)

tested with versions 2.5.3 (31302) so maybe in a future it will works differently

Good luck :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Strange thing with that smoke, but It contains a lot of other strange things like moving domain that provide really unpredictible resoults, hard to anticipate resoults of mixing particle system with smoke system and probably other stuff. I hope with official release of blender 2.5 there will be a full manual of things like that and we won’t have troubles at all :slight_smile: Thanks for all your replies and time that you spend on them !! :wink:

The manual? You’re posting in it!