Dr. Epilepsy 2.80 - Reviving a small bit of Blender history :)

Please Note: This is not meant to be a serious addon! However, I do feel that it is worth sharing so the script would not be lost in the internet again!

Enjoy this silly little addon I brought back from the dead! :upside_down_face: Dr. Epilepsy finds its origins in the days of Elephant’s Dream. It just took some tweaking to make it compatible with the new API. I felt like this addon deserved an update so it could be enjoyed and remembered without being lost in the archives of the internet.

Install like a normal addon, then use CTRL+D in the 3D View, or search for “Dr Epilepsy” in the F3 search menu anywhere. Have fun and enjoy the music!

Here is the download link (Github)

Please don’t watch if you are sensitive to bright flashing colors

Dr. Epilepsy is an older addon (last version I found was for 2.59) that “has two purposes. It helps animators to concentrate on the task at hand, and instill a sense of urgency in their work. And it also works as an amazing theme generator for Blender… And it will play beautiful music for you” (A totally serious description from Bassam Kurdali at SIGGRAPH 2011). :smile:

Thanks to: Bassam Kurdali, Dalai Felinto, Nathan Letwory, and Derek Barker

9 Likes

Are you high on crack? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooh, thanks! I was going to do this myself for 2.8 at some point. I want to change the music out to a faster mix though. Not enough sense of urgency in it.

edit: BTW, Dr. Epilepsy lives here: https://github.com/bkurdali/the-doctors in case you wanted to see if there was anything different between the 2.59 version you upgraded and the 2.79 version.

What a community, guys…

EDIT: let me add some icons just to make it more epileptic…

:meat_on_bone::broccoli::bread::steam_locomotive::skateboard::ship::flight_departure::clock630::clock1130::cyclone:
:cyclone::fireworks::sparkler::balloon::ice_hockey::1st_place_medal::performing_arts::thread::golf::golf::notes::level_slider:
:tophat::computer::clapper::yen::moneybag::smiley::crazy_face::no_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::mute::musical_note::musical_note::control_knobs::handbag::bikini::dress:
:meat_on_bone::broccoli::bread::steam_locomotive::skateboard::ship::flight_departure::clock630::clock1130::cyclone:
:cyclone::fireworks::sparkler::balloon::ice_hockey::1st_place_medal::performing_arts::thread::golf::golf::notes::level_slider:
:tophat::computer::clapper::yen::moneybag::smiley::crazy_face::no_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::mute::musical_note::musical_note::control_knobs::handbag::bikini::dress:

enough. I feel better.

Glad everyone is liking it :slight_smile:

@obsurveyor Thanks for sharing where the 2.79 version lives. I was wondering if it was being kept up to date.