Drag and Drop Question

This is my first post on this site, although I have been visiting for over a year to learn as much as I can. I am in the process of making a room layout-walkthrough program using BGE to be used for room setup’s in a hotel ballroom. My plan was to start out in with an overhead diagram of the room and alow the user to select items such as a podium or a screen and then drag them into position. After the user was done with this process they would then be able to switch to a realtime walkthrough of the room with the items that they had selected and moved in the correct position. I already have the walkthrough portion done. The following is a list of things I am getting stuck on. (by the way I am not asking for someone to do this for me, only for some advise or assistance on these things)
Drag and Drop: I have a test build that seems to work ok, but when I click on the item it moves towards the camera which is directly above it. I am in need of a method that will allow me to disable movement in the z axis ( I think) Also I need the proxy object that is being moved in the overhead diagram to control the actual object in the walkthrough.
I have been looking online for at least a week to find something that will work, but it seems that I may be the only person trying to accomplish this.
http://www.mediafire.com/?lrg3wzdygix
I appreciate any feedback on this.
Thank you

I’m not 100% sure what you mean, but if you don’t want the objects to move on the z axis, you could use this:

cont = GameLogic.getCurrentController()
own = cont.getOwner()
pos = own.getPosition()
depth = 0

pos[2] = depth
own.setPosition(pos)

the property “depth” is the value on the z axis. Hope that helped.

Were you able to solve the problem of drag and drop of a model?
I ask because I need to do something similar and have no idea of how to start.

I wasn’t able to solve the problem to my satisfaction