Dragon Head <!WIP!>

Hey all,

So i’v been wanting to make a dragon latley. I couldnt really find a tut so i just drew a couple of sketches (none of which look like my CG dragon), and just started modeling with a plain plane. :wink:
There is still alot of detail to add to the head itself, so any suggestions are welcome. One thing i might do is add jowl horns, smaller than the ones on his head.
As for what the body and wings etc will turn out like, who knows, not me even at this point.
Anywayz… :wink:

http://www.stormpages.com/bapsis/dragon.html

Matt

Blend on, and blend well!!!

Your good! I like much more yours than the one of VLK (but he it is also good). Can we see his teeth plz want to see his mouth OPEN!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, thank you X, least some one replied… :wink:

As for the rest of you all, for serious now, I NEED some critique on the start of the body. Im not sure if i sould continue monkey-messing on this one or just start a totally different body and attach it to the head later, what do you think?

http://www.stormpages.com/bapsis/dragon.html (2nd pic)

Matt

The head looks great. It reminds me more of a dinosaur at the moment than a dragon. I am a fan of the more oriental-style dragon.

The body looks a bit humanoid at this stage - i.e. I think the shoulder/leg has a muscular structure similar to a human. If this is the look you want then you have achieved it.

All comments are “IMHO”. I am yet to make anything cool worth showing here yet myself - but I am working on a car which I hope to show a preview of soon.

Regards
ZoltarX

Hey there Bapsis! That is coming along nicely. I agree with ZoltarX about the humanoid look you got going on the body. Should maybe try to rethink that, unless that is what you are going for.

I would try to add some teeth along the gumline and showing a bit, with some sticking out of the mouth. Looks to clean along the mouth right now. Make it a little meaner.

BgDM

Thanks for the comments guyz, i appreciate it!!! :wink:

Ok, the arms… I’v not had alot of luck in finding any good reference pics of Dragons on the net, so this is all modled out of my imagination. I will continue to look for some good pics, so if you know of any sites post the link in this thread.

I still have to tweek things around the head, like throwing teeth in the dragons mouth (no, i didnt say throw theeth in the dragons mouth…). hehe :wink:
I would also like to add more detail like wrinkles of skin, but im finding this difficult to do. Any suggestions on modeling finer details like this would be greatly appreciated.

And when i do finish the model i may ruin it with my shabby texturing skillz, so i might offer the model out to someone who knows how to texture things properly, 'cauze i suck!!! hehe :wink: Either that or im going to have to read alot of UV Mapping tutes, but thats all good!!!

Thank you guyz for the critique, keep it comming if anyone else has any more ideas, i appreciate it greatly!!! :wink:

Cheers,
Matt