Dragon: update: first texture test

wow! nice dragon with lots of nice detail.

keep it up!

– Elubie

Whoo looks awesome. Lots and lots of pretty detail :smiley: The only thing bothering me is his/her tail. No sure what it is, maybe it’s just to short. But something just dosn’t look right.

Yeah, the tail is too short. Dragon that big should have a tail that’s that long and half again.

WOW!
this is fantastic !

I agree , a longer tail allows so much more potential for spikes and scary evilness 8)

Could I suggest a crest of spikes or something like a beared dragon has along its side … makes it look evil , even though they are harmless .

WOW! Don’t know how I missed this one Blitz. Great modelling.

I also agree that the tail should be longer. Will make it look more balanced.

BgDM

You should also make the arms a bit smaller. Also, not sure if this true of all dragons but typically the dragon’s wings are also its arms no? I’m thinking of Pterodactyls and the dragons from “Reign of Fire” which I thought were quite impressive. Right now his neck and arms are so big that they make him a bit off balance as is already mentioned so with the longer tail and smaller arms I think he’d (or she you never know) be perfect.

Ok, according your comments here is update in model and first texture test:)

http://blitz3.webzdarma.cz/drak_SKF.jpg

Oh wow. Absolutely breathtaking, awesome awesome work. The only thing that looks unnatural to me is the hind feet, they look like they’re on the wrong angle. Amazing work.

holy fudgin crap!! best dragon I’ve seen so far!

Truly stunning!

The only crit I have is over those things coming off its face behind its cheeks… they look too thick and chunky. Maybe if it was clear they were just flaps of skin, it would look better perhaps? I dunno… they just look weird.

SHEEOT! DAYUM! FARKIN EH!
… how many almost-curses can I shoot off to show how aboslutely mind-boggeled I am?

I agree with the comment that those “flaps” are rather thick looking. And to me the front arms are still too big. However, your texturing is wonderful and you’ve thrown a great deal of life into this creature just by sticking it infront of the clouds. But if this fellow is moving there should be some blur somewhere no?

i originally was going to say it looks like a very very very very… good painting" and type “very” about a zillion times, but lets just say
picture = awesome^100

Very very nice :slight_smile:

Quite classical approach to shape but very well modeled. Personally I found all six limbs too massive, expecially wings, but that’s me :slight_smile:

So now, who is not blending a dragon?

Stefano

Very nice model but I have one comment about the hind legs. Four legged mammals except for elephants walk on their toes. You seem to be missing the longish bones between the heel and toes. Instead on your animal the toes seems to have been extended to replace the heel Generally the knee on animals is close to the body.

But not sure if this would improve things much, cause its a dragon not a mammal.

incredible modeling. good stuff. The muscules looks like humans :p. Animate him !!!